Saturday, September 29, 2012

Special 3-D CrafterNooners Project

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have a special CrafterNooners Project to share with you.  Over the summer months.........all but two of our CrafterNooner Gals are gone and it's just Opal and me left here in SaddleBrooke for the summer.  We thought it would be fun to met at Opal's Studio on Friday and each bring a fun 3-D project to work on.   Here's the project that I had us make yesterday............
My portfolio started with a 9-3/4"x7-1/2" piece of Melon Mambo cardstock
I scored on the 9-3/4" side at 9-1/2, 9-1/4, 5-1/4, 4-1/2, 1/2 and 1/4 inches
On the 7-1/2" side I scored at 5-1/2 and 5-1/4 inches.
I stamped several Mixed Bunches flowers with Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink on Whisper White - and punched the images out with the Blossom Punch.
 
My belly band was created by wrapping a strip of Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Melon Mambo around my portfolio and securing closed with tape and adding a stamped Mix Bunch flower to the center of my belly band.
 Inside my portfolio I added six notecards that measured 4-3/4" x 7" (scored at 3-1/2").
 Each notecards had a Mixed Bunch flower with several circle layers added to the center.......
 And I added a coordinating "thank you" sentiment to each of my notecards.....
The notecard mat measured 3-1/4"x4-1/2" and those pieces were run through the Big Shot with the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder.
 Here's the Melon Mambo notecard.......
 And the Pretty in Pink notecard.......
A couple 3-D leafs were added behind my Mixed Buch flower and a small Pretty in Pink Bow was added to the top of the Mixed Bunch flower I adhered to the front of my portfolio.
 
LOVE LOVE LOVE how quick and easy this portfolio came together - and will probably make more of these for some of my SaddleBrooke Girlfriends for their birthday.
 
Thanks for joining me today.......Tomorrow, I have the 3-D project that Opal had me create. 
I PROMISE YOU......You will not want to miss my Sunday post.
 
Keep Living Your Dream!
 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed crafting with you in my new stamp studio. We made 2 great items to be used as gifts; I will definitely be making more of the card holder for hostess gifts and will be using the some of the Christmas tags that we exchange at our Christmas luncheon as tags for the Christmas Tag Wallet.

    ReplyDelete