Thursday, September 06, 2012

September CrafterNooner Card

Happy Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Today I am at all systems FULL SPEED AHEAD!  I have lots to do today to put the finishing touches on the Archiver's Gathering I've planned for tomorrow.  I have MANY MANY Girlfriends coming out to Archvier's tomorrow (some as early as 10am......) to gether for an OLD FASHION SCRAPBOOK RETREAT.  We have reserved space at Archiver's to get together and play ALL DAY tomorrow and ALL EVENING.  The ladies are coming from near and far to MEET UP and CATCH UP (on scrapbooking and life!).  Some of the ladies I haven't seen since I left Madison four years ago....and many I have only chatted with on email the last couple of years.  It will be SO MUCH FUN to see all my old friends and have an entire day to PLAY!
 
Of course it wouldn't be a scrapbooking retreat if I didn't make each of my friends a little something something........
But this is all I can share with you for today!  I know that many of the gals coming to my Archiver's Retreat read my blog every day.....and I don't want to spoil the surprise of what I've made for them on my blog (sorry ladies...you are just going to have to wait till you get out to Archiver's to see what I've made.....)   So please make sure you come back on Saturday to see what I've made for each of my friends joining me at Archiver's.  
 
My card share today is the card I made for my CrafterNooner group for September. Check this fun little card out.......
Our card challenge for September was Turquoise, Yellow and Green and our Technique Challenge was to create a Gate Fold Card.  My card inspiration came from Heather Klump who created this layout and I adjusted it to fit onto a gate-fold type card.
 Here's the shape of my gate-fold card......
  I added Crystal Effects to the balloons and clouds of my Up, Up and Away stamp set.....
And I used the Stampin' UP! Fancy Fan embossing folder to create an extra fun texture to my Tempting Turquoise moon piece.
 I used a thin piece of DSP to the top and bottom inside center panel of my card......
 and created a birthday sentiment panel for the inisde of my card.
I love all the texture that is going on to the front of this card.......Gumball Green inked edges for the gound/hills.......Crystal Effects to the Balloons and Clouds.......Fancy Fan embossing done to the 2-1/2" moon.  It's honestly one of those "make you feel HAPPY" kind of cards.
 
Thanks for joining me today ....... I'll be back tomorrow to share my September FU card with you.
Keep Living Your Dream!


0 comments:

Post a Comment