Saturday, September 15, 2012

Boo To You Banner!

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have a SUPER FUN PROJECT to share with you.  It's a project that I took with me on vacation and worked on it in my hotel room after Jack went to bed or whenever I had some free time.  It turned out even better than I had hoped and can't wait to share it with you. 
Check out this STINKIN CUTE Halloween PROJECT.......
 It's a Halloween "BOO TO YOU" bag banner.......
I know at this point at least one of my girlfriends (thank you Kris Holmes) is SQUEALING with delight just knowing that I finished this project.  Kris was with me when I purchased this Alterations Movers and Shapers die and I told her I was going to make this awesome project with this die and just carried on and on about how cute it was going to be.  Honestly.....Kris probably thought to herself "SHUT UP WOMEN and make the darn project"!
 I die cut out Eight Bags and distressed the heck out of all the edges of each bag......
 I knew that I was going to adhere a square of DSP to the front of each bag......
And I also had planned to dieCut out the letter "Boo To You" and each letter was going to be adhered to a small piece of burlap that was going to be adhered to each of the squares of DSP.......
 I used Black, Lime Green, Purple and Orange felt for my letters.......
 And added Dazzling Details and Stickles to each felt letter.......
 Added black stitching around each of the DSP squares.......
 Used the new Howlstooth and Scaringbones DSP and some REIRED DSP for each bag.....
 I added two pieces of ribbon to the bottom of each bag.......
 And added Stickles to some of the DSP........
 I filled each bag with shredded up Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla cardstock......
And made sure that LOTS of ribbon was added to the string that holds my banner all together.  My colors were all traditional Halloween colors.....orange, black, purple and lime green!
 This shows the dimension of each of the bags......
 And here's a close-up of the ribbon that I added between each of the bags!
I seriously love love love how this project turned out and I'm now ready to begin creating the ornaments for my Spooky Tree!  I have a zillion ideas running around in my head and I just need to sit down and start crankin out some of those ideas.
I hung my Halloween Banner over my Studio window and I'm lucky enough to not only see it when I walk into my studio.....but when I'm sitting at my work table creating.  It makes me SMILE each and every time I look at it!
 
Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to begin sharing the cards and projects we made at Stamp Club......Hope you can come back and join me for that share.
Keep Living Your Dream!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my...what a fun item to see when you walk into your studio each day. Very nice and makes me smile just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete