Sunday, August 24, 2014

Stacked Birthday Cake

Happy Sunday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have the quickest and the easiest birthday card known to man.  It's one that came together as a result of having an overwhelming stash of scrap designer series paper.  Not knowing what to do with this stash of DSP........(Lordy knows you can't throw out designer series paper).......I came up with this great solution.
Here's the one-of-a-kind birthday card I made.
I cut three different sizes of rectangles.......And I used three different patterns of designer series paper.
I stacked each of the rectangles on top of each other.......And then added some icing between each of the layers.  The icing was created by using my dotted scallop punch and trimming down a piece to fit across the top of each rectangle cake piece.  The end results........INSTANT ICING was formed.
I added three little candles to the top of my cake and this card is DONE!

This is a fun a creative way to use up your scrap pieces of designer series paper ....... And an excellent way of making a one-of-a-kind birthday card.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share with you some cards I've been working on ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet patterns to play up this adorable cake (along with your signature stitching)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the icing on your cake! Super sweet card!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete