Wednesday, February 22, 2012

CraftJunkieToo Card Challenge

Happy Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends ....... Today I have another CraftJunkieToo Designer Project Theme Card to share with you.  Today our fearless leader Tracy at http://www.CraftJunkieToo.blogspotcom gave her Design Team Members a project theme of Gold and Green and requested we make something using both of those colors.  What a fun combination and though green is one of my least favorite colors ....... this challenge was totally fun for me.  Here's what I created ........
My first challenge was to find a Leprechaun stamp in my stamp collection.  HOLY LORDY was that a task.  I own three St. Patty Day stamp and the only leprechaun I have is from this retired SU set "Gift Givers".  Thank goodness I had some Wild Washbi Embossing Powder to pretty up my leprechaun before punching him out........
I used the SU Perfect Polks Dots Embossing Folder to create some awesome texture on my Brushed Gold cardstock.  I also grabbed some punches to create a layer of green and gold and ended up with a Whisper White scallop piece for my leprechaun to sit on.
I used some solid green bakers twine that I had in my stash and added dimensionals to my leprechaun piece to give my image some lift.
The border piece at the top of my card was inspired by my good friend Gail - who gave me a card that used cupcake holders to create a super fun valance piece and I thought ..... YIKES ...... would that not be a super cute technique to add to this card!  It turned out SOOOOOO Stinkin Cute!
I used large cupcake liners and cut it in half and then in half again and layered 6-cut pieces to create this fun valance for the top of my card.
Simply love love love how my St, Patty's Day card turned out!  Many THANKS to Gail for giving me the original card design for me to CASE.  Hope you liked my share and please head over to Tracy's blog to check out what all my fellow Design Team Member created for this St Patty's Day Challenge.

Thanks for joining me today and I'll be back tomorrow to share the cards that we made at Gails Workshop (which was last Monday).  The cards are "Oh So Beautiful" if I do say so myself and think you are going to enjoy taking a look at them too!

Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment