Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Dragonfly Stamp From Die

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
My blog post for today is Wine-Down Wednesday.  My middle of the week card feature for today will hopefully offer you some inspiration and provide you with some motivation to keep you moving through your busy week.  Let's jump right in with my card share for today........
You might be looking at this card and wondering what stamp set I used to stamp my trailing dragonfly images.  Well guess what my friends........The 'Dragonfly Dreams' stamp set that is featured in the Stampin' UP! 2017 Occasions catalog DOES NOT HAVE A STAMP for the trailing dragonfly image.
So how I created the stamp for the trailing dragonfly die was with FUN FOAM.  All I did was use the 'Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies' and die-cut the trailing dragonfly image onto the Fun Foam.  Then I used a two way glue pen on the back of the die-cut Fun Foam image to make it repositionable.  Then all that was left to do was adhere that Fun Foam dragonfly image onto my Stampin' UP! Clear Block and I was ready to use it as a regular stamp.
I used VersaMark to ink up my Fun Foam stamp and stamped my trail of dragonflies directly onto my Crumb Cake card.  I sprinkled White Embossing Powder over the VersaMark image and heat set the powder.  Results ........ INSTANT WOW FACTOR and the BONUS a new stamp to add to my 'Dragonfly Dreams' set.
I used the thanks from the 'Jar of Love' set and stamp that onto a 1-3/4" Watermelon Wonder circle.  Once that sentiment was dry......I adhered it directly to a 'Delicate White Doilies' and positioned it onto my Crumb Cake card.  Then I just grabbed my Paper Snips and cut off any portion of the doilies that was hanging over the edge.
One final touch was adding some 5/8" Watermelon Wonder Mini Striped Ribbon around the fold of my Crumb Cake card.......and tied it up into a pretty knot.
And that's all it took to create this card.
This technique will work with any die-cut you might have in your studio.
And just think of the endless possibilities you have.......
To add MORE STAMPS to your stamping collection!!!!

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow with a Tag Thursday creation to share with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea for trailing butterflies! Such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete