Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ferrero Rocher Candy Box

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends! 
Today I will be sharing the measurements for the Ferrero Rocher candy box that I made for the Scissors and the City retreat this past weekend.......Let's jump right in!

This box was created by Christi Beck from Stampin Texas (www.StampinTx.com).  She has an amazing video on how to put this project together......and I encourage you to head over to her blog and check it out.  I created my Ferrero Rocher Candy Holder using Lucky Limeade cardstock and Calypso Coral for a splash of color.
You start by cutting one piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock (for the wrap-around holder) at 1-3/4"x7-3/4". On the long side score at 3/4", 2-1/2", 3", 4-3/4", 5-1/4" and 7". 
 
Now you will cut your center section where you candy will fit into........Cut a piece of Lucky Limeade at 5" x 2-3/4.  You will score on the long side at 1/2", 2-1/4", 2-3/4" and 4-1/2".  And on the short side you will score at 1/2" and 2-1/4".
For the front cut out section of your long piece.......I used the Curly Label Punch to punch out my opening.........and then I added a piece of Clear Window Sheet that measures 3/4"x3/4".  You will attach your window sheet with mini glue dots in each corner.
I added a piece of Tea for Two DSP (1/4"x12") around the bottom section of my candy holder and created a flag at the very end.
I added the largest doily from the SU Delicate Doilies Sizzlits die to the inside of my treat holder.  I sprayed the doily with 70% rubbing alcohol and Calypso Coral reinkers mixture and allowed it to dry before shaping it with the Ferrero Rocher Candy and dropping it into the center box section.
I also added a Calypso Coral Bakers Twine bow above my mini curly label "Yum" punched image and I added a small piece of Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon to the top of my holder to keep the box closed.
This project comes together very quickly and the Scissors and the City ladies loved this project.  I also had my Stamp Club gals make this project at our April 20th Stamp Club.......they LOVED this 3-D project.
 
Thanks for joining me today.....I'll be back tomorrow to share the 3x3 note pad holder that I made the gals at the Scissors and the City event last weekend.  Hope you can make plans to join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment