Saturday, May 05, 2012

SaddleBrookeStampers April Theme Card

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving = 34 days to go!
Today is National Scrapbooking Day ..... so .... Happy Scrapbooking Day to All!
Today I have a fun little share I created for my SaddleBrooke Stampers April Theme Card Challenge.  Our challenge was "How Does Your Garden Grow" (THANKS Linda and Kathie) and we were asked to use flowers in our challenge project.  Here is what I created.
I took a plain small white lunch sack and stamped all over it with some flower stamps I had on my studio desk.  I used pinks and oranges to stamp my flowers and then I used the pink ink to distress the edges of my white bag.
I folded up the bottom portion of my bag to create a pocket and that is where my "Thinking of You" note card went and the other two pockets were created at the top of the bag and that is where I tucked four seed packets.  (They slide perfectly into the bag.)
My flower was part dried....part silk......and part prima flowers.  I added orange and pink dotted ribbon around the entire center of the packaging and adhered the flowers to the left hand side of my package.
Here's a close-up look at the "Thinking of You" card that slide into the first pocket ...... and right behind it is the "Cosmos" seed packet peeking out from the top of the package.
I LOVE how this theme project turned out ....... and I have to admit that I did not come up with this idea - If you recall at Christmas time Jan gave me a fun little calculator that used this same packaging.  All I needed to do was create a floral theme and WOW ...... I was off to the races and had myself a fun little gift to give a special gardening friend.

Many thanks for joining me today - I'm off to go plant the last of our flowers today with Jack.  I will post pictures of our latest addition next week.  Tomorrow I have a fun little SaddleBrooke Stampers Challenge Card to share with you - Hope you can swing back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. i'm back from orlando! what a stunning gift idea!! reminds me of what i would see in a Crabtree & Evelyn store. hugs, m

    ReplyDelete