Wednesday, May 09, 2012

April Crafternooner Cards

Happy Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving - 30 days to go!
Today I have my April Crafternooner cards to share with you.  Our color combination was Red and Gold and our challenge (which Berta picked out......) was to use Japenese paper in our creation.  Here is what we created.....
First up is Opal's card - LOVE LOVE LOVE this card.   I love the clean lines - the fabulous detail of the five 3/4" squares with the asian print paper in each of the square ....... The look and the feel is a TOTAL ME type of card.
Opal gave us a metal stencil and had us emboss a six panel frame to the front of our card - and that was the perfect setting for our five asian squares to sit in. 

And one additional surprise that Opal had us add to our card was the teeny bamboo stick that we secured to the top portion of our card. Seriously a super fun card to create and I've already got ideas to CASE this card for some upcoming holiday cards creations.
Next up is Berta's card - This card without a doubt is totally a "Berta" card. 
We created this adorable fan with the help of a piece of "Gold Candy Wrapper" and a simple folding technique to yielded a great fan that was secured down on our card with Glue Dots.
We also punched out three white asian crain punches and arranged them on a small piece of red cardstock - LOVE how that portion of this card turned out.
And our last card swap for my April Crafternooners was Jan's beautiful card.
We used an Asian coin stamp and some Gold Embossing powder to create these AMAZING gold coins.  We used a 1/4" square punch to punch out the centers of each of the coins and that gave us two amazing Asian coins to add to the front of our card.
A special little touch for Jan's card was this awesome waffle paper that was added to the center of our card and served as a focal point for our card.  Fabulous card Jan.......SIMPLY FABULOUS!
And my card came directly from my good friend Debbie who shared this card creation with our FU group for April.
I basically followed Debbie's card to the letter and all I did was change up the DSP and used some Asian DSP I had from my stash.........and I had an instant card creation for my Crafternooners group.  THANK YOU DEBBIE for your wonderful CASE!

Many Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share more Kards by Kadie creations......Hope to see you back here tomorrow.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. just stunning. love the asian influence. hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really are "stunning" and truly show the creative genius of all the ladies! Wonderful wonderful

    ReplyDelete