Saturday, May 26, 2012

May Crafternooners - Part One

Happy Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving - 13 days to go!
(Only 2-weeks till my home is filled with adoring grandchildren - YAHOOOO.....CAN'T WAIT!)
 
For today's share I have the amazing projects that my fellow Crafternooner GalPals made for May.  Our color challenge was selected by Opal and she wanted Brown and Pink (seriously.....the new BLACK).  She also put a challenge out there ...... Anything but a card ...... Which means 3-D! 
Here's what I created.......
I had purchased these noteholder boxes from some on-line store and thought it was about time to get them decorated.  I gave one to each of my Crafternooner gals - and had them decorate one for their scrappin rooms.
The original concept of these noteholder is to have a window in the top of the holder - but I opted to cover the entire surface and decorate the lid portion with flowers.
Here's a close-up of the flowers I cut from my Flower Shoppe cartridge......I cut the largest flowers at 3inches and went down every 1/2inch till I got to the smallest flower at 1-1/2inches.
Here's a view of the back of the holder....... 
 And the top of my noteholder.......
I used some retired buttons from my SU stash to decorate the centers of my flowers and by simply curling up the edges of my flowers......I was able to bring some life to these little cuties!
Love how this project turned out.......and just know it will get lots of use on the desk of my CrafterNooner Friends.
And my second share for today is the 3-D project that Opal made. 
She made this yummy post-it-note holder........ 
She used some super yummy chocolate suede paper for the spine and flap closure of her holder...... 
And a little circle of velcro helps to keep our holders closed when they are not in use.  LOVE how Opal even carried the pink color challenge through to her post-it-notes.  They too were PINK.....LOVE IT!  Many Thanks Opal for creating this fabulously fun holder for us.......It has already found it's home in my purse.  THANK YOU!
 
THANKS for joining me today ....... I'll be back tomorrow to share the 3-D projects that both Jan and Berta made at our Crafternooners gathering on Friday - Hope you can join me for that share. 
Keep Living Your Dream!


2 comments:

  1. I love both of those ideas! Way cute and make darling gifts. I'm going to have to try those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both ideas are terrific! Could you share where you purchased those noteholder boxes, please? Enjoy your blog lots.

    ReplyDelete