Sunday, June 05, 2011

Three Little Cards

Hi my Blogger Friends and Happy Sunday to you! I want to start out by saying - Thank you for your sweet comments you have been leaving for me - I love hearing from you and appreciate you taking the time to chat with me. Yesterday I mentioned in my blog post the term DSP and wanted to clarify what that stood for. It's a Stampin Up term and just refers to the 12x12 Designer Series Paper that we sell. So in short - It stands for Patterned Paper! Hope that answers a common question that I receive and I'll try to get better to clarify my words.......SO....On to my post for today...... Here's a little card I received from my BFF that was paper pieced. After yesterdays post of Jan's paper piecing class - I thought it was fitting to start todays post out with yet another Paper Pieced card. Here's a close-up of the sweet sweet ittle vintage girl that Jan paper pieced. Because I come from this generation - I just love love love this little girl image. (Jan - when you return from Colorado - I have to come over to your place and stamp a few of this sweet little girl to do some fun cards up using her image) Next up is a card I made a zillion years ago.....Okay...maybe not a zillion or when Dinosaurs roamed the earth......but it was a few years ago and it's one of those go to cards that the recipe is super easy and super fun to make. Here's a close-up of the three little lady bugs that I just stamped three times and added a sweet little "thank you" message. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to guarantee that I got my lady bugs (and thank you) lined up perfectly. Here's another fabulous recipe that I use alot. I ended up making a book mark for this card using a Sale-a-Bration set from this year and the SU BigZ tag die. Here's a close-up of the bookmark. This card is seriously one of those cards that you can change up the DSP (designer series paper) - add some ribbon - a bookmark and by switching up the message on the bookmark - you've got yourself a fabulous card for just the right occasion (be it birthday - thinking of you - feel better - congrats - friend). Hope you enjoyed my cards today - I've been busy working on a few projects for several of my clubs and groups that I belong - I'll begin posting many of those this next week. Today.....I'm going to be busy trying to get a project finished for my Granddaughters....with any hope....I'll be able to post that next week. I promise to give you a sneak peek in the next day or two. Please keep your eyes open for that. Thanks again for stopping by and visiting me today. Enjoy your Sunday - and I have plans to spend time in my pool today and soak up some good old fashion Arizona sun. It's suppose to get up to 102 degrees today in Arizona and about the only way you will find me outside on days like this are if I'm sitting in my pool. It's official.....It's Summer in Arizona! (But....It's a Dry Heat!) Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the explanation of DSP and for all your wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete