Sunday, June 12, 2011

SBS Theme Card

Hi Blogger Friends and I'm going to make this a fast post today - I have plans to connect with Kris today to run down to Joann's......And also my pool chair has my name on it today to soak up some amazing Arizona SUN! SO......what I want to share with you is the card I made for my SaddleBrooke Stampers Theme Card challenge this past Wednesday.......Check this out...... Our theme card challenge was to make a masculine card that had a vintage flair to it. OKAY...VINTAGE and KADIE......YIKES...this one I just had to do because...as many of you know....I don't do Vintage. (Well....I thought I didn't do vintage - but after making this card and the push from my BFF (hi Jan!) - I think I just might like doing vintage!) Every single thing about this card screamed for me to correct it..........(inked and roughed up edges.........smeared and double stamped images)....my look is CLEAN and STRAIGHT and I struggle over shabby and chic! Let me explain......I stamped this Tim Holtz vintage car image with Early Espresso and after I stamped the image - I EVER SO SLIGHTLY picked up the stamp and moved it just a teeny tiny bit and then stamped back down. I was going for a car in motion look.........and I kind of freak myself out.....that is what I achieved! I then had to use my distress tool to rough up the edges and then go at the edges with ink (oh sooooo messy and NORMALLY.....NOT ME!). Here's another close-up of my fabulous chic car.......(I know....some of you pros are out there thinking...what the heck Kadie.....it's just a vintage car in motion........But what I have to say to you'all is........I did this on my first (and only) take) - Maybe there is something to this vintage look! (WInk-Wink my friend Jan!) I printed on my printer the "Enjoy the Journey" only because I wanted to use the SU Oval Punch for my message and the one incuded in this stamp set was just too big. I also wanted to create a band across the center of my card and knew that the new bakers twine wrapped around that band would create the perfect setting for my "Enjoy the Journey" to sit on. I also added a fun little decorative border punched piece to the inside of my card. It was a border that I thought I was going to add to the front of the card - but I liked the band that I made instead and because the decorative border punch piece was done.....I thought...what the heck....pop that little puppy on the inside of my card and call it a day. I have to say that this was a good swap for me to participate in - it seriously took me out of my comfort level and gave me a new found love of vintage....shabby........and chic. I just might have to try this again (thanks Jan for continuing to remind me there is something other than my same old same old ...... clean and simple). I'll be back tomorrow to share the SaddleBrooke Challenge Card that I made for our meeting last week - It's seriously one of my new favorite cards......Hope you can join me. I'm off to go do two of my favorite things......SHOPPING and soaking up some Arizona SUN! Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments: