Tuesday, June 14, 2011

FU Swap Card

Happy Tuesday my Blogger Friends - Today - I'm going to share my FU (Fabulously Unique) groups first exchange swap card that we did for the summer. Half of our group goes away for the summer and the other half stays here - so we thought to keep us connected - we would send to each other a swap card that we've designhed around colors and challenge card types that we had arranged in advance. For the month of June - Kris got to pick and she picked two colors....Purple and lime green and her challenge was paper piecing. SO....I hunted for a recipe that I could add any image and saying and go from there. This is what I came up with. I paper pieced the flower in four layers of SU new In-color DSP. I used dimensionals to pop the frame up off the card......and then I also popped up my saying and topped it off with a sweet little piece of looped ribbon. Here's a close-up of my paper pieced flower.....Totally cute and totally fun to create. And here's a close-up of my saying ...... along with the looped ribbon that I added to the side of the frame to give it a little something/something (don't you just love something/something?). Because we only have to make four of these cards - it goes super quick....once you have your card recipe to work with. LOVE how this card turned out and I'm so glad that I made one for myself - I think I have someone special in mind to send this card to this week. Thanks for stopping in today - tomorrow, I'll be sharing my recipe swap for July with you......I KNOW I KNOW....It's only June 14th-But I will explain tomorrow why I'm posting it now. Hope to see you tomorrow....Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Kadie, I love these, the colors are gorgeous. Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kadie, those cards are perfection! Your color choices are fresh and right on the mark. tfs
    Deanne
    http://deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete