Saturday, June 04, 2011

Paper Piecing Cards

Happy Saturday my Blogger Friends! Today's post is most fitting - because it's a class that my BFF taught the SaddleBrooke Stamping Group a month ago......and since she left to go back to Colorado for the summer....and because I'm already missing her (even though it's not even been a full 24 hours since she left Arizona).....I dedicate this post to her today. Here are the three cards that Jan had us make.....and even though they look simple and pretty self-explanatory....let me give you some background to each of these cards.
First up is this adorable little vintage girl - who's dress we paper pieced and used the same gingham patterned paper that we use to mat the image ..... for her dress!
Here's a close-up of her adorable blue gingham dress.
Next up is a card that I just love to reproduce when I'm needing to make lots of one particular card. We pinked the edges of our DSP and then used another scrap of that same DSP to create our paper pieced flower. Truly lovely results.
And here's a close up of how the flower turned out.
And last is this little chair number.....and you might be thinking...Okay Kadie...what's so special about this card.......well....the DSP is not DSP....it's a throw that Jan keeps on the bench in her master bedroom and she placed the throw on top of her copy machine and ran colored copies off to act as DSP. FABULOUS IDEA and the results ended up creating one of my favorite cards in this workshop.
Check out this close-up of the chair we created with a single stamped image. HOW FUN!
This was a fun and informative class that Jan taught us......we walked away with lots of tips and ideas and made three fun cards that for all purposes....could be used for anything. LOVE IT!
So for the rest of the day I'm going to chip away at my "To Do List".......Hoping that I get lots done and off my studio desk this weekend. Hope you can return tomorrow and see what new card projects I've got to share with you. Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dedicating yesterday's post to me. I'm honored!!!! Miss you girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I am new to your blog and am certainly enjoying your cards - so pretty! COuld you please explain what DSP is? You refer to DSP but don't tell what it is - thanks!

    ReplyDelete