Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

It's a Special Sunday today - and I want to wish Jack and my Son and Son-in-Laws ...... along with all the wonderful men in my life a Very Happy Father's Day today. Here is the special Father's Day card I made for Jack this year.......does it look familiar????? Well it should.......I made one of these cards for my SaddleBrooke Stampers Challenge cards in June - My original card was "Enjoy the Journey" and for Jack I added a Happy Father's Day messag instead and had myself a perfect little Father's Day card for Jack. I kind of thought it might be similar to Jack's first car - and he might appreciate traveling down memory lane with this cutie. Basically the card is exactly like the Challenge card that I made - however the main difference is I changed up the message and added a little bit more distressing to Jack's card over the original card. The hardest part of this card was creating the stitching piece that ran along the inside edge of my card. I used the Decorative Border punch from Stampin Up and wrapped some linen thread taround the border and called it a day. SUPER CUTE (NO?)! Here's a close-up pic of that decorative border punch piece. Next up I needed a second Father's Day card that I could repeat several times and came up with this fun little number that not only was fun to put together but allowed me to recreate it several times. I started out with a whisper white base card - added some retired SU DSP - and used my Nestabilities to create two circle layers. The neckties were embossed with black embossing powder and then I cut each of them out. I added three neckties to each layered circle using a small piece of dimensionals to the back of each one. I also added an extra small basic pearl from the SU jewels collection to the center of one of the neckties. And here's another version of the neckties..... I stamped the "Happy Father's Day" greeting for this card and with my bone folder curled up the edges and added dimensionals to the back of this banner to give it a little lift. And for the message of my card - I ran my cards through the printer and had this perfect little Father's Day message printed to each of the insides of the cards I created. Thanks for stopping by today - I'll be back tomorrow to share some cards I received last week from a few of my SaddleBrooke friends....and I also plan to share with you early next week the cards I made at Di Gibbs 10/10/20 class. So hope you can plan to join me all of next week. Until Monday.......... Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kadie, I'm sure that all the men in your life will really love the cards. Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete