Thursday, June 23, 2011

FU June Challenge Cards

Hi my Blogger Friends and HAPPY THURSDAY - we are almost at the end of the week and before we escape into the weekend - I want to share the cards my three FU gal pals shared this month for our June Challenge. Our challenge was to create a card or project using Lime Green and Purple.....Here's what we created.... First up is the card my good friend Kris made. I have to tell you......My mouth dropped open when she handed me my card ...... Holy Buckets ...... did she meet the challenge! She did the most amazing job of paper piecing......check-out a close-up of her card........ She bought this Hero Arts stamp with our June challenge card in mind. She seriously paper pieced the entire flowers to this entire card. She showed me the stamp she used and I just couldn't believe she had the determination to do that much work to our cards! Way to go Kris - Your card rocked....BIG TIME! Next up is Ann's card - talk about hitting this one out of the park....wow! Total Lime Green and Purple and her image is super paper pieced! Love the recipe for this card and love how Amn coordinated the colors of her insect with our challenge theme colors. FABULOUS Job Ann! Here's her catapiller cutie.....all paper pieced with some totally WOW Lime Green DSP! FUN! And her snail is even paper pieced and coordinates with her other DSP......So cute and I love the little cutie critters that she used. And last (BUT NOT LEAST).....is my sweet friend Debbie (MISS YOU DEBBIE GIRL BIG TIME!). Debbie thought outside the box and did some fun paper piecing with her purse. Have to say that I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with this recipe and might even have to CASE this recipe for my upcoming Stamp Camp. Here's a close-up of Debbie's paper piecing.......Nobody said anything about having to use paper in the piecing portion of our challenge.....LOVE LOVE LOVE how you used bling in place of paper for your piecing Debbie. Totally outside the box and I'm loving it! Thanks for joining me today and hope you can return tomorrow for a kick off for the upcoming weekend. I'm taking a road trip tomorrow morning with three Stampin Friends to head up to Hobby Lobby up in the Mesa area......Looking forward to some bonding and shopping time with my good friends from SaddleBrooke. I'll post a quick post in the morning and then be taking off - I have lots to share with you so hope you can join me. Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment