Friday, August 06, 2010

CraftNooners Card for June

My CraftNooners Group (Hi Berta, Opal and Jan) get together and do a card in the box once a month - with summer in full swing two of the members leave and won't return till the end of fall. We decided to do a color challenge and special technique and mail each other our cards. FUN. So....each month till their return I will share our card challenge and not only what I did, but also what each of them did with the challenge. Here we go.....Our June Challenge was to create something using the colors Grey and Yellow and the Optional technique was to use something from the hardware store (which WAS going to be chanellege for me as my least favorite place to go is a hardware store). So here we go....I had NO TROUBLE meeting the color challenge. I did however have some trouble doing the hardware store find...... so what I did was pick up some Martha Stewart paint chip samples and used the SU Medium Jewelry Tag Punch to punch a mini tag that was then attached to my flower with some SU hemp.
Here's my card in all it's glory........I used the new SU Fancy Flower Extra-Large punch and layered it with the new 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Extra-Large punch. Adding a clear bitty button to the center helped to create a FUN focal point for this card.
I punched out the flower from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch pack and added a drop of stickles to the center of each flower. I also used the Modern Label Punch and the Word Window Punch and created my "I miss you" message for the front of this card.
Here's a close-up of the Tag I punched out with the Medium Jewelry Tag punch and then added a small flower rub-on to the center.
Here's another close-up of the Itty Bitty Flower punches which were layered in both corners of my card.
The whole idea behind our challenge is to not only challenge us with colors but also techniques....Have to say....this challenge did it.
I'll be back tomorrow to share what my fellow CraftNooners did with this challenge and assure you......You will be surprised when you see what they made. Until tomorrow.....Keep Living Your Dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment