Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wine Down Wednesday - Hey Chick

Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
The COUNT DOWN for my daughter's
arrival for my Saddle-UP! event has reached
SINGLE DIGITS........
7 days and counting!!!!
My blog post for today is Wine-Down Wednesday.  My middle of the week card feature for today will hopefully offer you some inspiration and provide you with some motivation to keep you moving through your busy week.  Let's jump right in with my card share for today........
My card share for today not only uses one of the favorite 2017 Sale-a-Bration stamp sets ......... But also has a special stamping technique done on it.
I began this card by stamping my chick from the 'Hey Chick' stamp set onto a Stitched Squares Framelits and then matted it to a square of Calypso Coral cardstock.   
The chick was super fun to color in with my Aqua Painter and some Calypso Coral ink.  I used my Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker to add some detail to my chick after I had him all colored in.
The fun technique using Calypso Coral and Peekaboo Peach ink along with a baby wipe and I'm calling it a Baby Wipe Smear Technique.  All you do is dab your baby wipe into the Peekaboo Peach ink pad and then smear/brush it across your Whisper White cardstock panel.  If you are going light to darker color.....You can then just use the same baby wipe into the darker color (Calypso Coral) and pick up some of that color and repeat the same smear/brush technique across your Whisper White cardstock panel. 
The results will give you a streaked look and the more you blend.....the more color that will stay on your Whisper White panel.
I finished this card off with a sentiment from the 'Bookcase Builder' set and added some Solid Basic Black Baker's Twine above my sentiment.
This was a fun card to create.......and I can't wait to try it with all different color combinations.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow with a Tag Thursday creation to share with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute chick - just like you. Love the touch of black twine!

    ReplyDelete