Tuesday, March 21, 2017

3D Tuesday - Project Life Holiday Album

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
The COUNT DOWN for my daughter's
arrival for my Saddle-UP! event is now
ticking down hours.....
Cheryl arrives TOMORROW!!!!!!!
My blog post for today is 3-D Tuesday.  That means today I have a fun little 3-D project to share with you.  This project was SUPER FUN to create and the product I used was featured in the 2016 Stampin' UP! Holiday Catalog.  Let's jump right in with my project share for today.......
There is a long standing tradition in my family that we gather up all the little kids and adult kids ........ and get together to do our 'Decorate the Gingerbread House Party' in December.
We started this tradition when my grandson Jared was 2-years old.  That is him in the front row of this picture on the left hand side..........He is now 18 years old......and he still wants to be part of this long standing tradition.
So each year ...... We gather up all the treats and nummies we can find and each of the kids make a Gingerbread House.  Here are just some of the treats we used to decorate our houses.
So the admission to this special day is for each of the kids to do a coloring page for NaNa.  I send each of them an invitation along with a different Gingerbread House coloring page each year and they color in that picture and bring it with them to the party.  That colored page is their admission to the fun.  Here is Twoie in the lower right hand corner showing me his coloring page.
So there is no better way to preserve these precious memories than to make each of my kids an album from that day.   This is the 2016 Gingerbread House Party album I made for each of them.
I used the Project Life Holiday Album.......And the easy part was using the Holiday Card Collection packet to insert into each of the Variety Pack Photo Pocket Pages.
I did most of the journaling for each of the kids......
But did leave some blank cards for them to add their favorite memories.
These albums came together so quickly.....
And needless to say......the kids adored receiving their albums.
One other thing we do on this special day is decorate our holiday cookies too.
And along with completing a Gingerbread House.......The kids each decorate 3-4 dozen cookies and get to divide up all the left over treats and take those home too.
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a Wine Down Wednesday card creation with you ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment