Friday, May 22, 2015

May Step-It-Up Sunday Card

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
Today.....I have a fun little card I made for Lisa Pretto's 'Step-It-Up Sunday'.  Lisa Pretto is my Upline and invited me to be a Guest Stamper on her InkBig "Step-It-Up Sunday" blog post.  All she wanted me to do was make a simple/quick card ........ And then make a second card and 'step-it-up' by adding a few layers and/or embellishments.  Here is the cards I submitted for this weeks 'Step-It-Up Sunday'...........
 I used the "Pictogram Punches" stamp set to complete both cards.
 First let me share my simplest/quick version of this card.
I began by stamping my vase of flowers onto a 2" piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I used the Ornate Tag Topper Punch to create a fun little tag for this card........And added a piece of 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon to the top of my tag.  My DSP panel was from the 'Sweet Taffy' DSP pack and I used a small panel of Real Red cardstock on top of my DSP panel.


For my 'Stepped-Up' version.......I used the same DSP, Cardstock and tag layout........But I added a panel of Whisper White and Soft Sky to the front of my Tempting Turquoise base card.  I used my 'Decorative Dots' embossing folder on the Soft Sky panel to give my base card that 'stepped-up' look.  I also added some Whisper White Cotton Ribbon to my Real Red panel.....And some Whisper White Baker's Twine to the top of my tag.
And for my 'stepped-up' tag, I created my tag the same as my original version........ But I stamped and punched each of my three flowers out with the help of the flower from the "Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack".  Next I added a small piece of dimensional to the backside of each flower and arranged each of the flowers onto my tag.  A final 'stepped-up' touch was adding a layer of Crystal Effects to each flower and dropping a "Bright Candy Dot" into the center of each flower. 
So there you have it friends ....... One card layout with two very different looks.  The joy of completing this project was the extra supplies I used for my 'Stepped-Up' version were minimal ........ and those additional supplies made for one pretty 'stepped up' card. 
 
Many THANKS to Lisa for allowing me to be her guest on this weeks "Step-It-Up Sunday".
  
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share with you a fun 3x3 card that I made ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. both versions are adorabs. such great examples of a simple and stepped up card

    ReplyDelete