Friday, May 29, 2015

Herringbone Background Card

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have a sneak peek CASE card to share with you.  It's one that my fellow demonstrator Brian King shared on his blog earlier this week.  He shared a video on how to create a fabulous 'Herringbone' background panel.  I knew the minute I saw Brian demo this technique.........I was going to give this technique a try.   Let me share that card with you today.......
This card features the SUPER EASY Herringbone background technique that just couldn't be any easier.  I created three versions of this card using the new 'Bohemian' Designer Series Paper that will be one of the new DSP packet available in our 2015-2016 Stampin' UP! catalog.
The Herringbone background comes with 1/2" wide strips of DSP.......
And are stacked next to each other to create this fun herringbone pattern.

My first card featured a 2-1/2" Rich Razzleberry Circle along with a 2-3/8" Scallop Circle that was punched out with Bermuda Bay cardstock.  All three version of this card featured the new "Friendly Wishes" stamp set.  This version was stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.....then punched out with the 2" circle punch.
For an added layer of WOW ......... I wrapped some Crushed Curry Bakers Twine around my Herringbone panel and tied it off in a pretty bow.
 
My second version of this same card used Delightful Dijon and Rich Razzleberry cardstock......
Here's a close-up of that fabulous sentiment.
And my last version of this card uses Bermuda Bay and Delightful Dijon cardstock.
Simply love how this color combination came together.  MANY THANKS to Brian for providing his amazing video on how to create the Herringbone background panel.......I'm crazy mad for this technique!
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share with you more sneak peek card projects I've been working on ........ Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a way to show off the new Bohemian paper. Fantastic herringbone technique and sounds easy!

    ReplyDelete