Friday, June 06, 2014

Lovely As A Tree Watercolored

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
My card share for today is a lovely sympathy card that I've done a wee bit of watercolor technique on. But before we jump into my card for today......Here's a Twoie update.....
Here's my little man swinging in the backyard swinging (with Chow).
 And one of him inside....Sporting his new baseball cap.

Now.......Here's the card I created.........
I used the Lovely as a Tree stamp set to create this card.
Love the lots of dots embossing fold on the Soft Sky cardstock.
The sentiment is one of two that come with this set.
And I also added some dazzling delights directly onto the branches of the tree.
The watercolor technique for this card came from some SU ink and the fabulous Aqua Painters.  Three different colors......to create three quick sweep across some Shimmer White cardstock.
As you can see from this picture......No two watercolor backgrounds will ever turn out the same.  I'm thinking that this technique makes for a great sympathy card.

Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share with you one more watercolor card I made .......... Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

6 comments:

  1. I love your fresh look for Lovely as a Tree. As always, Twoie is adorable . . . adore his little sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to squish his little piggies into those sandals. He's got the wide feet gene....either that or he was overly bloated that day. baaahaa!

    THanks for posting Mom. He loves loves loves the bucket swing and that day he had a little company from his favorite pal "Chow" =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww....Twoie has the most beautiful smile. So photogenic. He sure is stylin' with the crooked hat. So cute.
    Fabulous card! The watercolor sweeps sure make for a gorgeous background. I LOVE the dazzling details dots all over the tree. So pretty.
    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! Always looking for fresh new ways to use this SU stamp set. Love the watercolor technique you used for the background. I may have to CASE this one! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete