Sunday, March 10, 2013

Skype Sunday With Hailey

Happy Sunday My Blogger Friends!
Today is my Skype Sunday with my Granddaughter Hailey in Wisconsin.  I will be calling her at lunchtime and we will be making a few cards online.  I mailed to Hailey earlier in the week the supplies she will need to assemble a few cards and I will walk her through the steps to make this card.......

I made several color combinations of this card for Hailey to make.....but this is the card that I sent to her "FROM ME".  The idea behind our Skype Sunday is we make four cards together and then we send one of the cards we made to each other.  It's a little keepsake of our time together and gives us an opportunity to receive a special handmade card from each other.
We used the new single stamp "Ears to You" and our Stampin' Write Markers to color each of the bunnies a different color.  For this sample I used Wisteria Wonder, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery to color in my three bunnies.
We also ran our Whisper White top panel through the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder.  We used our SU Ink Pad directly onto the inside lid of our embossing folder and placed our Whisper White cardstock directly onto the inked folder and after running it through the Big Shot.........The ink on the folder transferred right onto our Whisper White piece.  All the Pretty in Pink ink transferred to the negative part of the embossing folder and left the embossed part of our Whisper White piece WHITE!  Such a PRETTY and ELEGANT touch for this special little card.
We stamped our "Ears to You" bunnies onto a piece of Whisper White and then used the Apothecary Accents Framelits to diecut out the bunny images.
And here's a close-up of what the three bunnies looked liked all stamped and a fun little bunny tail added to two of the bunnies!  Just know my granddaughter is going to love that little touch.  I also punched out some Easter Eggs for her to add to the base of her Apothecary Accents Frame....and it will be fun to see how she decorates up her Easter Eggs.
We also added some Bakers Twine to each side of our Apothecary Accents Framelits for a little WOW FACTOR. 
 
So there you have it.......My granddaughters Skype Sunday card for this week.  Can't wait to receive my card from her.......Of course I will probably start a special little box to store the cards I receive from her.......and then when she's older I will give them back to her as a special little gift (of course all packaged up so very pretty).
 
Thanks for joining me today......I'll be back tomorrow to share some of the cards I worked on over the weekend.....Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. Such an adorable way to spend with your out of town Doll Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ears to Kadie! Hailey will be a chip off the old block. So wonderful that you are sharing your passion and talent with her. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete