Friday, March 01, 2013

Oh Hello Notebook

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have a special little share for you that I made a couple weeks ago.  I was looking at our new Spring catalog and as I was admiring the lovely little notebook that is on the cover.....I got to thinking.....UHM....how could I duplicate that with what I have on hand.  Here is what I create.......

I started with a mini sketch book that I had in my stash and Tea for Two DSP and my Artisan Embellishments Kit and started created.......
I trimmed down a piece of the Tea for Two DSP to create a double arrow banner for the center of my sketch book.  I used my Artisan Embellishments Kit to create a GORGEOUS cotton lace focal image between the two banners.
The lace trim was cut to size and a 5/8" Vanilla Flower Trim was added to the center of my lace trim.
I added a vintage Trinket Safety Pin along with some Rose Red Seam Binding which was added to the safety pin........and then I added a Jewelry Tag that was punched out from the First Edition DSP.  I secured all these pieces right to the my lace trim and called this part of my project DONE........OH SO PRETTY!
I also secured some Early Espresso Baker's Twine to the left hand side of my Sketch Book and tied a pretty bow to the front of my book.
I stamped the Oh Hello from the "Oh Hello" stamp set in Early Espresso and created a flag banner on both ends of my Sentiment for a little FUN!  I also added a tiny knotted piece of the cotton lace to the top left hand corner of my sentiment.  I added dimensionls to the back of my Oh Hello sentiment and that section was DONE!
Here is the completed sketch book in all it's glory......
This was a fun project to make and I'm thinking of packaging up some of this product to send off to my granddaughter Hailey......Who is going to begin Skype classes with me on Stamping and CardMaking.  We are going to work together to make projects together as we Skype on the weekends,  Should be sooo much fun to play with her in the comforts of our own rooms.  I'll keep you posted to what we end up making.
 
Thanks for joining me today.....I'll be back tomorrow with more Kards by Kadie creations to share with you.  Hope you can make plans to come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. Oh stop it! I love this shabby note book! Look at the teeny tiny seam binding you tied to the safety pin! Shabby Girl! Shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Patti said, shabby chic and so elegant! Do you recall where you got the notebook? So many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete