Friday, March 08, 2013

Karate Card for Doll Baby

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends!
It's the weekend....and I've got some amazing and fun plans lined up.  Hope you have some great things in store for your upcoming weekend.
 
Today I have a fun little card I sent off to my Doll Baby this past week.  I had received a call from my daughter telling me that my granddaughter had been selected to be part of the Leadership Team at her Karate School.  BIG BIG NEWS!  My Doll Baby......Teaching the new kids Karate at her Karate School in Wisconsin.  HOW FUN!   Of course I just had to go digging through my stamp stash and found this super sweet karate girl stamp......and made a congratulations card for her.  Check out this fun little number......

I started out with a Karate Girl stamp that was PERFECT for coloring with my Copic Markers.  I knew I wanted to make the karate suit RED (for Leadership) and the belt BLUE (for Doll Baby's current Karate belt color).
Here's a closer look at the entire karate girl image.......
I colored the hair to match my Doll Baby's shade........
And even gave her some pink lips (which would be the color Doll Baby would wear......).  The Leadership Team at my granddaughters school wears red karate suits and that just helps all the students know who their leadership team members are.  (Of course my granddaughter wears this suit with GREAT PRIDE!)
I also added a Congratulations banner flag to the bottom of her card.....and that was made with the SU Curly Cute set (stamped in Pacific Point).
I also used the Polka Dot Parade DSP along with Real Read, Pacific Point and Whisper White to create my base card.  I ran the Polka Dot Parade DSP and Whisper White panel through the Big Shot and used the new Honeycomb embossing folder to create a fun little texture for my card.
I just know my granddaughter is going to love her card.......and the SURPRISE I added to the inside will make her smile BIG (it's a gift card to McDonalds.....). 
 
I'm seriously SO PROUD of my Doll Baby.........and just know that she has found her fit in Karate.  Well Done Brooke!
 
Thanks for joining me today........I'll be back tomorrow to share yet another card creation that I've been working on.....hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. You get the black belt for copic coloring. This is amazing and how perfect for "doll baby!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Brooke on getting to share what you love with others! Great job! Kadie what an adorable card you knocked this out of the park!

    ReplyDelete