Sunday, July 17, 2011

Open House Projects - Day Three

Happy Sunday my Blogger Friends and I'm thrilled that you are able to join me today. I have the last of the projects I made for my July 1st Open House to share with you today - and hope you enjoy the last leg of this fabulous adventure......Let's get this party started......
First up is a fun little treat box I made using the BigZ XL Fancy Favor die. I used Calypso Coral textured 12x12 cardstock for my Fancy Favor bag - and I wrapped "Just Add Cake" DSP around the center of my box to add a little WOW factor to the presentation. I also wrapped Old Olive Satin Ribbon around the entire box before calling this one DONE!
All it took was a 1"x 3" piece of Just Add Cake DSP cut and wrapped around several of the Hersey Nuggets to make this gift the perfect little creation for someone who LOVES chocolate (I serioulsy know of several ladies that would LOVE to have this littel cutie deliveried directly to them).
I originally was going to punch a sweet little saying out with my jewelry tag punch and have it hang from the satin ribbon - but after pulling all the pieces together for this little number - I thought.....NO.....I'm going to punch my "Just for You" saying out and use the small oval punch and hang it from the top of the Fancy favor box with a (retired) library clip. WAY TOO CUTE!
Next up is a fun chocolate package I made with a retired SU box die.....but could have used the Bitty Box BigZ XL Die. I added some white stain ribbon around the box to secure it closed and added several layers of punches to the top of the box. FINISHED!
The stamp set is the new Hostess set "Tagtastic" and is punched out perfectly with the Decorative Label punch and a 2-1/2" circle punch. I was added some SU dimensionals to the back of the decorative label punch and that allowed me to thread my white satin ribbon behind the tag and created the closure that I needed to keep this little box closed. CHARMING!
And last (but not least) is a great little idea that Becky Roberts over at Inking Idaho (http://inkingidaho.blogspot.com/) had to decorate up the 1-1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon. I used my BigZ XL Dies to cut out two scallop circles and then with the help of some circle punches and the decorative label punch - I was able to decorate both the top and bottom of the ribbon and made it perfect for gift-giving.
Becky also added a small piece of grosgrain ribbon to the end of the decorative label punch to create a charming little banner.....and that was done by simply cutting my 1-1/4" ribbon in half and then just folding it over to create ribbon banner tails to my ribbon packaging. WAY TOO CUTE and it addfed that little WOW factor that I needed to make my 1-/14" ribbon ready for gift giving.
Here's one last view of the 1-1/4" Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon that I decorated up. I used the new Hostess level stamp set "Tagtastic" to create my "Just For You" decorative label and to back my message.....I added a Bashful Blue decorative label punch cut in half and secured to the back of my Whisper White label punch and added dimensionals to the back before securing it to my Pumpkin Pie circle pieces. SO FABULOUS - and many thanks to Becky for sharing this wonderful idea on her blog.
Hope you had fun over the last several days checking out the great new SU samples I created with the new 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog product - I had so much fun creating these samples and just know that several of the ladies at SaddleBrooke walked away with some wonderful ideas.
I'll be back tomorrow to share more Kards by Kadie creations with you.......Hope you can swing by sometime to enjoy those creations with me.........Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment