Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME (yesterday!)

It's Tuesday my Blogger Friends and today I want to share a birthday gift I received from my BFF. I received my birthday package from Jan this past weekend and in it was all of this......
I was overwhelmed at what Jan was able to pack into my birthday box......and was double wow'ed at what she made me...... First up are the treats that Jan gathered for me while she was visiting her mom last weekend in St Louis. While there - Jan took a drive over to St Charles (where my son lives) and she took a stroll down Main Street and ended up heading into a charming new papercrafting store called Rock/Paper/Scissors. Now this TOTALLY BLEW me away - because I actually visited that store the last time Jack and I went to St Charles to visit my son. Here's a couple things that Jan added to my birthday box......AMAZING Prima FLOWER (which have taken home front and center on my studio desk).....a yummy yummy bag of hard candy from the Riverside Sweets store ......and.....a FABULOUSLY AWESOME 6x6 Paisley Road paper pack (how did you know Jan that I was running low on paper!). AND........if all of that wasn't enough.......Check out this FABULOUSLY DARLING little number that Jan created for me! How FABULOUS is this book.........It opens up to hide all kinds of treasures on the inside! And....here is what Jan stuffed inside my book........ She bought me two packages of Inky Antics Honeycomb Paper Pads and one of their Stamp Sets to make the most amazing 3-D surprise cards......(Can't wait to try these out). She also include two bunches of the sweetest paper stem flowers (so YUMMY) ..... and three packages of Prima Marketing Pebbles. Now....I know these are the type of embellishments that are on the shabby/chic path - and - you'all know that Shabby/Chic isn't my thing...but wait......I've crossed over to the Shabby/Chic World.......I do like Shabby/Chic and you might even begin seeing more of that style right here on my blog! The other thing that was hidden in this pic is the FUN little BFF stamp that Jan included in my book......LOVE IT! NOW....back to the fabulously awesome book that Jan made for me. Jan's work (to say the least) is amazing........She seriously thinks of every detail when she makes something. My book is a fine example of the work that Jan does......Check out what she did to the inside cover of my book.....AWESOME or WHAT! And if that wasn't enough......she even added a little handmade for Kadie by Jan tag for the inside of my book - SUPER SWEET (like I'll ever forget who made me this little number - UHM...but wait....I do live in SaddleBrooke don't I). Here's a close-up of the front of my book.......Don't you just LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pink (and my second favorite color is chocolate chip.....oh Jan....how did you ever know?). I just love the banner created for the front of my book - and I just know that Jan is smiling because she dusted off the cover to her Cricut and got it cutting to create the letters for my banner! I think the most amazing part of this book is the flower on the front cover - LOVE IT! I know that Jan created the flower with crepe paper and some stickles. The flower is topped off with twelve scallop circles rolled up into cones and then glued down to create the base for my pretty pink flower to sit on.....DARLING JAN! And here's one final look at my beautiful birthday book creation. I have to say that I know Jan has the ability to turn the most plan/simple gift into a beautiful work of art ..... and without a doubt - Jan's papercrafting abilities have shined through once again. Such an amazing gift and one that is sitting front and center on my studio desk for me to enjoy over and over again. Thank You Jan for all the work you put into creating this lovely birthday gift for me. I will treasure it forever and think of you each and every time I open it. Tomorrow, Tracy over at CraftJunkieToo will be spotlighting her design team members with a "Designer's Choice" post. Tracy ask her design team (that's me.....) to make a project that spotlighted our creative and fun side......You'll just have to return tomorrow to see what I created. I promise you....It's both FUN and ME! Hope to see you back here tomorrow. Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful gift... I love the book box, and the great way she altered it.
    Have a great day today Kadie.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete