Saturday, July 16, 2011

Open House Project - Day Two

Hi My Blogging Friends - I have a few projects that I made for my July 1st Open House and would like to share those with you today. Let's get started........
I had seen a project last Christmas where someone recycled Strawberry packages and made the most adorable packaging for a gift ....... and since that time.....I have been saving my empty strawberry containers and figured that with Stamp Camp/Stamp Club coming up.....I would be able to recycle those containers and make something FUN with them.. Here is what I created.
I cut Lucky Limeade......Island Indigo and Whisper White card stock into squares of 4" x 4" and run them through my Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder. I then created little sour cream containers and filled them with wrapped hersey kisses and sealed them up to be the treats for my strawberry container.
I used the Hostess stamp set "Tagtastic to create an adorable gift tag and grabbed my Pennant Parade stamp set and stamped the "Wish Big" right onto the "Tagtastic". I then used my Curly Label punch to punch out all the "Tagtastic" tags and attached them to each of the sour cream containers before closing this little baby up.
With the help of the same stamp set and the Petite Pennants Builder punch - I was able to create a charming little pennant banner to string across the front of my strawberry container. I used Rich Razzleberry - Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo for my banner.
For the focal point on the top of my strawberry package - I added the Sincere Salutations Birthday greeting and layered it up with Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo cardstock. I used Stampin Dimensionals to layer several of the layers and this gave my Birthday Wishes just the right POP it needed to make one of my friends smile BIG for their birthday.
Here's what my darling little creation looks like all wrapped up (with some retired Old Olive 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon). Just love how this little creration turned out - and know that these would be a snap to come together for the most special of friends for their birthday. Hope you enjoyed this sweet little project.
I'll be back tomorrow with yet another Kards by Kadie creation - Hope you can come back and join me. Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea at packaging a gift I love it. I hope you have a wonderful day Kadie.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete