Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July FU Swap Card

Hi Blogger Friends and Thanks for joining me today! I have a fun little swap I made for my FU group to share with you today....Let's ROCK..... Our FU Swap card for July was to use Red and Silver colors and our technique was to do embossing. We could decide if we wanted to do dry or wet embossing - and I couldn't decide which to do - so I ended up doing BOTH..... I did wet embossing for the three litle red hello's that were matted onto red squares of cardstock....... And I then used my Elegant Lines embossing folder for the dry embossing portion of this card. I pulled out my Big Shot and ran some Brushed Silver card stock from SU through the Elegant Lines embossing folder and came out with this amazing piece of silver cardstock ready to be popped onto the top of my whisper white card base.
I also added a piece of silver taffeta ribbon around the center of my card and tied it off and attached a trinket pin and three jewelry tags to the center of my taffeta ribbon.....SO PRETTY!
And the final touch was when I ran my SU envelope through the Elegant Lines embossing folder and embossed the top flap of my envelope with this fabulous embossing folder. I had seen this step done through the Stampin' UP! demo site for another demo card and loved how fabulous it looked that I knew it would work perfectly for this card.  SO SUPER PRETTY and added yet one more layer of PRETTY to this card.
SO GLAD you were able to join me today - Hope you have some fabulous plans set up for today - I have LOTS of projects I'm working on and a TON of things to get checked off my "To Do" list.....so hoping to get some serious time spent in my studio working today....(wish me luck). I'll be back tomorrow to share some more Kards by Kadie creations with you - hope you can join me! Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty Kadie, I love the SU embossing folders they seem to leave a nice deep impression.
    Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete