Saturday, July 30, 2011

FUN SHOP Candle Project

Happy Saturday my Blogger Friends!  Today is seriously going to be all about Studio Time and Pool Time.  I plan to spend the entire day in both of those locations.  Hope you have some amazing plans set up for today.

Today, I would like to share the project that I made at last Saturday's Fun Shop.......Linda taught us how to make these really cute candle wraps and tealight holders........Check em' out........
This was made with a couple SU punches and some dollar store candles.........
The packaging holdes three little tealights......and as long as your candle is not a "Party Lite" candle....It should burn down the center and your only worry will become when the candles burns over halfway down.  I would still take great caution in watching over this little cutie if/and when you burn it.  Mine....are going to be for display only.........
 Here's a close up look at the pillar candle......
Just love love love how the retired "GreenHouse Gala" DSP from SU made it possible to POP the flowers right off the candle.....
Seriously giving this a 3-D look.........
I aded a little "Friends" banner tag to the base of my candle and plan to give this to a neighbor who has been having some health issues.
Here's a close up of the tealight holder wrap.  I punched out two of the 5-star flower punches and a single Boho Blossom punch and stacked them together and added a brad......
I then punche out three 1-1/2" circles from white tissue paper and stamped onto those circles a flower from a retired SU set using chocolate chip ink........
Just love how the color of the tealights now match and coordinate with the rest of my gift.
My belly band was created using Chocolate Chip cardstock that was long enough to wrap around the entire gift box ...... and layering Pear Pizzazz - Certainly Celery cardstock and a thin piece of the retired GreenHouse Gala DSP.  The flower I had created was secured down with a couple glue dots and a "Friends" banner tag was added to the flower.
And I leave you today with a view of my entire creation that is just waiting to be deliveried to my neighbor.  Just know she is going to LOVE receiving this little cutie.

Thanks for stopping in today - and you can join me tomorrow for a fun little "I Do" card .  Hope you have a SUNNY and HAPPY Saturday - Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Kadie - i have to ask - why would you say that as long as your candle is not a "PartyLite" candle it will burn down the center... have you had a bad experience with our Pillar candles in the past?!

    ReplyDelete