Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
Today I want to share the little 3x3 note pad holder that I made my Scissors and the City friends for this past weekends event. Let's jump right in with this share........
I was inspired to make this box from a post done by a fellow Stampin' UP! demonstrator Dannie (www.danniesdesigns.com). Her post on April 16th has a link to a video done on Split Coast Stampers and this box will hold 3"x3" paper and looks amazing and fun on any desk. My box was made with Lucky Limeade and the side walls were matted with Tea for Two DSP.
I added a small piece of Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon to the inside bottom of my box and secured it down onto the inside of my box with the tiniest piece of sticky tape (I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to come up). The 3x3 pieces of copy paper sit directly on top of the ribbon and when it's time to refill the holder......the ribbon makes an easy pull to release the final few pieces of copy paper.
1) Start with a 7-5/8"x7-5/8" piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock.
2) Score 1" and 2" on all four sides.
3) Cut out the three squares at each corner and leave one tab for tucking into the side walls of your box.
4) To create the little thumb tab for your 3x3 sheets of paper to be pulled out........You will use a 3/4" circle punch on the 1"score line of one side of your cardstock. (The thumb tab will form when you fold over your side wall panels and build your box.
5) Now assemble your note box. Use Sticky Tape to secure the four walls of your note box.
Add the 3/4"x2-7/8" DSP to the side panels of your box.......
Cut copy paper to 3"x3" and fill your note box with lots of paper.....
You will be done in no time making these for co-workers, neighbors, family and all those friends who join you at retreats! Thanks Donna, Cathy, Jennifer, Terry and Melody for letting me join you again for the Scissors and the City Retreat. I had a BLAST! I look forward to seeing you'all in October for the next Scissors and the City event in Tucson.
Thanks for joining me today. I'll be back tomorrow to share the fun little card we made at my April Stamp Club on April 20th.......Hope you can join me for that share. Keep Living Your Dream!