Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hummingbird Update DAY 2

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
Before I share my card share with you today......I want to give you my Hummingbird Update...DAY Two.  The second egg hatched yesterday (and right on schedule.....It was day 16 for egg number two) and I was actually able to get these pictures early Friday morning. 
 
It was pretty amazing that I was able to get these pictures taken before Momma came back.....and the little hummer in the bottom location of the nest was actually moving all around while I was taking these pictures.  I'm SO BLESSED to have this Momma Hummingbird feel comfortable building her nest right on our patio.

My share today is a pretty card I received for Mother's Day from my sweet friend Maureen.  Check out this super sweet card......
Maureen started out by embossing this amazing grass folder and then using a sponge and some ink to highlight both the sky and the grass.
Here's a close-up of the sponging she did on the grass.  It's amazing the WOW FACTOR the sponging gave to this card.
Her lady bug was made with three scallop circle punches that were glued together and then adhered down onto the base card.
I just love how sweet this ladybug turned out.  This has given me the idea to make some of these with Hailey on one of our Skype Sundays.
 
Thanks for joining me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share three cards that I received from my Upline Lisa Pretto.......Hope you can make plans to stop back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kadie, How AWESOME you have a Hummer nesting on your patio. I have to warn you - Hummers are known to commit genocide - the oldest baby when it gets strong enough pushed out the youngest baby. The nest is so small that they can't both fit inside it when they grow. I sure hope that doesn't happen to your babies, but I just thought I would warn you it happens quite a bit, according to the internet.

    We have our first Robin nest in our yard and it is so fun watching the momma and daddy feeding the babies.

    Have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....I had to check back to see if the second one hatched. This is so neat and I thank you so much for sharing. What a great act of God!!! I am in awe that I got a chance to see this on the computer so I can only imagine how you feel seeing it in real life. I sooooo love the lady bug card. How adorable. Thank you so much for sharing both. That is very kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely COOL! Love the hummingbird update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Two babies! Momma sure trusts you to be good to her babies! And now they're known all around the world through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! can't wait to hear what Spike's roommate's name is? i'm sure mama hummer is nesting
    next to your house because it is such a happy and peaceful place! adorable card. i loved the sponging on the "grain" as well!

    ReplyDelete