Sunday, April 01, 2012

Happy Birthday Lissa!

Happy Happy Sunday My Blogger Friends.  It's April 1st and Spring has OFFICIALLY SPRUNG here in Arizona.  It's GORGEOUS out there and the flowers are busting with color and the temperature is hitting that BEAUTIFUL zone where the windows are fully opened and you are just ADORING.......LIFE.....IN......ARIZONA!
Today's share is the birthday gift I made for my dear friend Lissa - who we celebrated her birthday yesterday with a FABULOUS surprise birthday party and I do mean SURPRISE party.  We had all her friend over to Debbie's house and had a TOTALLY FUN patio party in her honor.  We arranged for the FU Gals (Debbie, Kris and Ann) to "take Lissa out for dinner" in honor of her upcoming birthday.  True to form her BFF Debbie had the whole scene played out and we managed to bring her back to Debbie's house where all her friends were waiting in Debbie's back yard to SCREAM SURPRISE.  Lissa was SHOCKED to see all her friends waiting to help her celebrate her "60th Birthday" and we partied the night away "SaddleBrooke Style".  We had GREAT FOOD ...... AMAZING FRIENDSHIP ........ and a good old fashion Birthday Cake ..... that a super fun picture can be found on facebook!
Here's the little gifts I made for Lissa ..........
These projects were created by Dawn Griffith at: http://www.dawnsstampingthoughts.net/.  Dawn shares how to make both of these projects through her January 20, 2012 and December 23, 2011 video tutorials and I will share those links with you shortly.
First up is this ADORABLE 6x6 NoteCard Purse that Dawn created on her blog January 20, 2012.  Here is the link to the video that Dawn created http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2012/01/6x6-holder-video.html
I made my purse with some DSP that my friend Debbie gave to me - and finding out that Lissa's an Earth Tone kind of gal ....... this DSP was perfect for her birthday purse.
The Rosettes were made from the SU Rosette Bigz Die.  And all I did was diecut out one large rosette and then just trimmed the size down to create two smaller rosettes ...... one at 1-1/4" and one at 1".
The notecards were made with just a piece of DSP placed across the bottom section of my notecard and I wrapped a tiny piece of ribbon around the left hand side of that DSP before adhering it down to the notecard.
I made four notecards ....... 
 And stamped two of each design for Lissa's purse.
I knew that I wanted to make a bookmark for Lissa and Dawn Griffith created this FABULOUS bookmark on December 23, 2011.  Here is the link to that video: http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2012/01/6x6-holder-video.html
The Rosette was made from the SU Rosette die piece that I had left over after making the rosettes for the notecard purse.  The entire bookmark came together in a SNAP (many thanks to Dawn for her amazing video that provides step-by-step instructions on how to make this SUPER CUTE bookmark).
This project just screams Lissa and know that she will love her little birthday gift and will have many fond memories of this SUPER FUN Surprise Birthday Party.  Happy Birthday Lissa!

I'll be back tomorrow to share the cards my FU group made last Wednesday - Needless to say ...... You won't want to miss the cards that my fellow FU Gals made - They knocked their projects out of the park this month.  Hope you can join me ....... Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment: