Thursday, April 05, 2012

March Crafternoon Share

Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends. 
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving = 64 days to go!
Today I would like to share the cards that my fellow Crafternoon Gals made for our March gathering - Let's jump right in ......
Here's the four cards that my Fellow Crafternooners made for March.
Our color challenge was Pool Party and Concord Crush for March and without a doubt ....... Opal knocked this challenge out of the park with this card.  She used the "Send Me Soaring" stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog .....
And even added some glimmer paper for that little bit of sparkle for her card.  She also used dimensionals to add some dimension to her card - and overall - Opal did an amazing job on this card.  LOVE YOUR CARD OPAL!
My card is another version of the bookmark card I made for my FU Group - the only difference - I used Pool Party Cardstock and the DSP I used was from the Sweet Shop pack.  My Concord Crush piece is the back piece of my Cricut flower.
The other part of our March Challenge was to use a Cricut DieCut for our card.  I used the Art Philosophy cartridge and diecut out one of the flowers from this cartridge.   Buttons were from the Twitterpated collection and my stash.
I used the First Addition DSP for the background paper on my bookmark.  And over-all ...... I love how this project turned out. 

PS ....... This was a card that was featured in our Stampin' Success Magazine last month and my good friend Mary Fish made a video tutorial on March 19, 2012 showing how to make this fabulous bookmark card (http://www.stampinpretty.com/simply-scored-bookmark-wow-video-tutorial.html).  Head on over to her blog and check out her step-by-step instructions on how to make one of these bookmark cards for yourself.......You won't be disappointed!
Next up is Jan's card .......... Jan always knocks her card out of the park and without a doubt ...... She didn't fail me on this card.  She also used the Art Philosophy cartridge for her flower and all the cardstock and DSP is from her Stampin' UP! stash.
The look of this card just really makes me smile ........ and I love how Jan over lapped her DSP layers to create a beautiful center focal point.
The other beautiful thing about this card is the simplicity of the over sized scallops and how lovely the message stamped out on the Concord Crush with a beautiful white ink.  SIMPLY FABULOUS CARD JAN........FABULOUS!
And my last share for today is the card Berta had us make.  She called it a double dutch fold card and it just screams ELEGANT.  We added two small panels to the bottom portion of our card and a large single piece to the top portion of our card.
When you remove the ribbon ...... you reveal the double dutch doors at the botom of the card which open up and then the top panel extends up and opens to reveal a beautiful inside of this card........
LOVE LOVE LOVE the elegant feel this card has and can image this card will be going out to a special couple who are celebrating an anniversary.  THANK YOU BERTA for showing us how to make this elegant and beautiful card.

Thanks for joining me today - I'm busy putting the finishing touches on my Easter Gifts for my neighbors and girlfriends.  I have twenty something of them to make by Friday night ...... so I can deliver them on Saturday morning for Easter.  I'll share those Easter Gifts with you on Saturday morning.  Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment