Saturday, April 07, 2012

Easter Share (Part One)

Happy Saturday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving = 62 days to go!
Today I will be sharing the Easter treats that I deliveried to my SaddleBrooke friends this morning - Just know you are going to love love love what I've got to post.
These Easter carrot treats were a CASE from a blog serve I had taken several weeks ago and saw this super fun idea to make a Easter Treat that wasn't a Bunny.  BUT....I seriously can't remember who's blog I saw these on to give credit.  I did switch it up alittle but the basic idea came from this gals blog.
I used my Cricut and my Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge.  I selected the CakeBox image and cut my box out at 5".  I was able to get four boxes out of one 12x12 sheet of cardstock - but I did need to cut two boxes out and then go in and turn the mat around to cut the other two boxes out.  Not sure why the Cricut doesn't think there's room on the mat to cut four boxes - but I was totally happy to remove the mat and reload it into my Cricut to get all four boxes cut out.
 I added a small piece of window sheet to the opening - and that was only because I thought some of the hersey kisses might fall out of the boxes.  If you can see ..... I stamped a retired SU bunny in all different spring colors and punched him out with the 3/4" circle punch and added him to the bottom of each of the hersey kisses.
I needed a way to hang my Easter Treats from the mailing tubes of my SaddleBrooke friends houses and the SAB ribbon came in handy for this end of my project.
This project also came to life with the help of my SU Lots of Dots embossing folder and some serious time was spent inking up the edges of each of the boxes.
The top of my carrots came together with the help of the Martha Stewart multicut grass scissors.  In a snap the grass was created and then tucked inside the top of each of the boxes.  I added some Dazzling Details to the top of all the grass (for a little sparkle and bling).
And this is what the green SAB ribbon was used for.  The ribbon worked out perfectly to hang my Easter Treats from the mailing tubes of each of my SaddleBrooke friends.
And here's the Easter Bunnies I made for a few of my SaddleBrooke Friends!  I will share those with you tomorrow.  Hope you can swing back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment