Thursday, April 19, 2012

Crafternooners May Cards Part Two

Happy Happy Thursday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving = 50 days to go!
Thanks for joining me today ........ Today I will be sharing the cards that Jan and I made for my May Crafternooners gathering.  Let's jump right into todays share........
Our May challenge for was selected by Jan and she requested we use Pool Party and Concord Crush colors and our technique challenge was to use our Cricut.  I knew I was going to like this challenge because well ....... who doesn't need an excuse to play with their cricut (and Stampin' UP! colors)?  So here are the projects we submitted and today's share is Jan's and my cards for May.
 First up is Jan's card - It turns out that both Jan and I used the new Close to My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge to make our cards.  I just love the design layout for Jan's card - she seriously knows how to capture the most bang for her buck with her cards.  This card just screams "JAN" to me.
The flowers that she used have a clean and crisp look to them.  LOVE LOVE LOVE the layers of circles she had us add to the center of our flowers and without a doubt ...... the little bit of bling that she adds to the center of her daisy is DARLING!
The sentiment that Jan used fits perfectly into the Nestabilities scallop circles and is the perfect sentiment for this charming card.  Love your card Jan......simply love it!
And my card share is right out of the pages of our March Stampin' Success magazine.  We learned how to make this OH SO PRETTY bookmarks which allows us to give a bookmark gift to someone special when we send out this card.
I too used the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to create the flower for my bookmark card and with the help of some button layering ...... my bookmark came together in NO TIME FLAT!
As you can see here ...... Once you remove the bookmark, the card is basically an open canvas to create a second generation card and you are then able to make a new card that can be sent off to someone special.
Many Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share more Kards by Kadie creations with you - Hope you can come back and join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so envious of the beautiful shapes you cut and use. love the cards and bookmark :) hugs, m

    ReplyDelete