Wednesday, April 25, 2012

CraftJunkieToo Designer Choice Post

Happy Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown to Grandkids Arriving = 44 days to go!
Today the Design Team Members were asked by Tracy to participate in a Designers Choice post for CraftJunkieToo.  As many of you know ....... I am on the design team for Tracy's CraftJunkieToo blog (http://www.craftjunkietoo.com) and once a month Tracy asks her design team members to create a project.  This month - it is designers choice and that means ..... I get to pick a project ..... Post It and Link It!  So sit back ...... and let me share this super fun project with you.
Isn't this the CUTEST little ENVELOPE CARD you've ever seen? 
Believe it or not ...... the base of this card was made from a standard A2 envelope. All I did was seal the envelope closed and cut off about a half inch from one end and that helped me to create a pocket card.  All that was left for me to do was make a card to slide inside the top of my envelope pocket.  
I grabbed a couple of my Stampin' UP! flower punches and create a fun little flower that I attached to the top of my card insert and then spent the rest of my time decorating the front of my card.
I added some Summer Smooches DSP to the front of my envelope card and with some more Stampin' UP! punches ....... I was able to create a "WOW you're the best" message for the front of my card and even added a scalloped edge to the center DSP layer. 
I also punched out a few more flowers and created some fun layers for the two flowers at the bottom of my card.  I grabbed my Crystal Effects and added a coating of that to the center of my flowers to give it that little "WOW FACTOR" my flowers were screaming for. 
The biggest flower was attached to the card insert that I added to the inside of my envelope pocket.  I used the First Edition DSP from Stampin' UP! and punched out two Blossom punches and curled up the edges and added one Island Indigo Boho Blossom punch to the center and top it all off with a Summer Smooch Fabric Brad in the center.  SERIOUSLY CUTE! 
Overall........I love love love how this card turned out - and decided that this would be the perfect Challenge Project for my Stamp Club Gals to work on for May.  SO......this past Saturday when my Stamp Club gals met ....... I past out an Envelope.....A piece of First Edition DSP......and a Summer Smooches Fabric Brad.  I then told the gals to go and create "something".  The only requirement I gave them ........ Use all the materials that were in their packet and to bring back to our May Stamp Club a project/card that utilized the envelope as their base project/card.  I know the gals will have fun making "SOMETHING" with their supplies ...... and I will share with you their projects in May.

Many THANKS for joining me today - and a hope you have an opportunity to head over to Tracy's blog (http://www.craftjunkietoo.com) to see all the FABULOUS PROJECTS my fellow Design Team Members created ........ I promise you ...... You won't be disappointed!

I'll be back tomorrow to share more Kards by Kadie creations with you ....... Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kadie,

    I love this card!! The colors are fantastic and I just love the flowers, especially the top one!!

    Big Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute Kadie! Love the colors too!

    Shelley
    Fellow DT Member
    http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun pocket card. my favorite part is the little newsprint flower and fabric brad! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete