Monday, July 11, 2011

Open House Card Samples-Day One

Hi Blogger Friends! Thanks for joining me today - I want to share some cards that I made with new SU product from the Idea Book & Catalog for my July 1st Open House. Come along with me to see what I created..... Here's an overview of several of the cards that I made for my Open House on July 1st.......
First card up is made with the "Awash with Flowers" stamp set. I stamped this set on a center panel and used several of the new 2011-2012 In Colors and new DSP.......Fabulously lovely card that you can design in all different colors and save your sentiment for when you decide what you need your card for. For my card I made it a Thank You Card and ran the scallop border punch along the whisper white edge of the base card to create this pretty decorative edge to my card.
Next up is an oldie but goodie card recipe - that just screams to stamp a lovely flower and then give it a sweet sentiment in the bottom right corner. My card was created to be a sympathy card - and I honestly think that this will be one of those cards that I create several extras - so I have a few extra sympathy cards on hand (just in case).
This next card was taken from a card which Margaret Moody shared with her blogger friends a few weeks ago.......I just switched my card up to remove the sunshine that she had posted and I added a "Thanks so much" sentiment to the bottom panel of my card.
This next card has the center Wild Washbi panel run through the Big Shot and embossed with Perfect Dots embossing folder......and while I had the Big Shot out - I ran a peach parfait scallop square though the machine and added that to the center of my card. A Crushed Concord piece of ribbon was added to the bottom of my Wild Washbi center panel and this little cutie was DONE!
Next up is a card made with new DSP and the Word Play stamp set. I used crystal effects to the three small 1/4" circles and then popped them up with dimensionals to add a little wow factor to this card. The flower is just a scallop circle that has been snipped and the edges were inked with chocolate chip ink to create LOTS of texture to an otherwise plan little scallop circle. PERFECT!
This next card is one of my favorite cards that I made for my Open House - I used the new Strength & Hope Stamp Set (to support breast cancer awareness) and used three of the stamp in this set to create this wonderfully simple but elegant and charming card. I plan to add a small oval sentiment to the card when I'm ready to send them out - and I also will be making several of these cards and packaging them up in gift bag to give to some of my girlfriends for gifts. LOVE THIS SET!
I made this WOW Colored card for a punch of FUN and HAPPY to my Open House table. I folded my cardstock just below the edge of the scallop square BigZ die and by not cutting on the fold - that helped me to create a great little square card that I am able to decorate and send out in an A2 sized envelope. The sunburst are created from the new Pennant Parade punch and I ended up cutting each of the punches in half to create a sun image on the front of my card. SUPER HAPPY card (don't you think?).
And last card I have to share with you today is one of the first cards I made when I received my new SU demo pre-order. It's a little 3"x3" card and not only spot lights this new stamp set - but also shows off the new Lace Ribbon Border punch that SU released in the new 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog.
Thanks for stopping in today - I have LOTS MORE to share with you tomorrow....hope you can pop back to check out some more cards that I made for my recent SU Open House. Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. all of them are gorgeous Kadie... Wow you have been busy
    Have a wonderful day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY BUCKETS!!!! What a FABULOUS spread of goodies for all the Open House attendees! I'm so sad I couldn't be there.

    ReplyDelete