Saturday, July 02, 2011

4th of July Tube Hanger

Happy Saturday my Blogger Friends. I was totally exhausted last night after my Open House and staying up late to complete my 4th of July treats for my SaddleBrooke friends - I ended up sleeping in an extra hour this morning and that put me LATE with my blog post this morning. (I still have to go out and deliver these 4th of July treats - but will have those deliveried shortly.) Today, I will be posting the sweet little 4th of July Tube Hanger treats that I made for my SaddleBrooke friends........Let's get started....... Well....the one thing you can say about me is.....I LOVE COLOR.....And these 4th of July treats did not disappoint me. Talk about LOTS of color.......Have to say that these are what 4th of July colors are all about (and THEN SOME!). I made up enough of these for my SaddleBrooke friends tube hangers (those are the mailers that each of us have right below our mailboxes for the community to deliver special newsletters to each SaddleBrooke residents). The tube hangers are where I typically end up hanging all my holiday treats that I deliver to my friends and I thought what the heck - make something tha is designed to hang from the mailbox tubes. SO.......One day......I was looking for something in my studio and I came across these door hangers that Stampin' UP! sold a million years ago....and thought......uhm....I should make something with those. It was then that the lightbulb came on and this little baby was created. With the help of some VersaMark and Red Embossing Powder - some red/white/blue crinkle paper and three hersey nuggets wrapped in red/white/blue cardstock.......along with a smartie wrapped up like a firecracker....my creation came to life. This is a view of my hanger as I look down into the packaging. I used the new Summer Mini "Land of the Free" stamp set and embossed the image onto Whisper White cardstocki........I added a smart little blue button and hung this from the bluce ribbon I wrapped around the center of my hanger. Here's another view of all my hangers all lined up.....just waiting to be deliveried! And a little bit closer view of the front of several of my 4th of July hangers. I have to say that I love how these turned out.....totally FUN and totally ME! I'll be delivering these little cuties this morning and YES......I have three of these put aside for my BFF and my two missing in action FU ladies. I will tuck those away and deliver them to you when you return back to SaddleBrooke. Hope you have a fabulous day planned for today - I plan to get my studio back into order and spend some SERIOUSLY NEEDED TIME with my honey! I've been so consumed with my Open House and Stamp Camp/Clubs that Jack has really taken a back seat to EVERYTHING. Seems like the only time I have been spending with him is to eat and watch a movie at the end of the day (and then I end up falling asleep immediatly through the entire movie......). SO....this weekend is going to be HIS WEEKEND. I promise you......by Sunday night....he will be SCREAMING for me to disappear! Have an AMAZING Saturday ....... and ......Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment