Sunday, July 03, 2011

4th of July Card - 1st Addition

It's Sunday my Blogger Friends and it normally is a day of rest.....however......I am up to my eyeballs in projects and will be seriously PLAYING HARD today. I want to share with you today one of the two 4th of July cards I sent out this year.......Let's get started: This card was formulated from several cards I spotted on the Internet and just changed it up to fit my idea of a GREAT 4th of July card. I started out by pulling my new SU Summer Mini Catalog 4th of July stamp set and from there......MAGIC HAPPENED. I knew that I wanted to have the stars on my card look like they were embossed and this crumb cake cardstock filled that wish perfectly. I punched out several large and small crumb cake stars (from the now retired Stampin' UP! Star punch) and adhered them to my Crumb Cake base card. I also wanted the new 4th of July stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog to have both Red and Blue ink stamped on it........SO.....all I did was stamp my image in red ink and then on a seperate piece of cardstock I stamp the image in blue and cut up stripes of the blue image and glued those onto my original image that I stamped in red. I also distressed the edges of my stamped image to give it yet another layer of texture and FUN. I also knew that I wanted to add a button to my card - but had to consider the thickness of the cards as I was going to mail them. SO....the BigZ Embosslits Die (Sweet Buttons) was going to work perfectly to fill the button image look that I was going for.........and still allow me to mail my cards to my family and friends. LOVE LOVE LOVE how these cards came together. I received a call from my son in the St Louis area yesterday and he said that he received my card and "Seriously.......this was the best card I have ever sent" (uhm...think he's been listening to Jack?). WELL......I'm off to get MANY THINGS checked off my ever growing "to do" list. I'll be back tomorrow to share my 4th of July card that I made especially for my grandkids AND to help me celebrate my birthday (yes......tomorrow is my birthday!)......Until tomorrow......Keep Living Your Dream!

3 comments:

  1. Great cards Kadie. I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! Happy Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick and I ADORE our 4th of July card you sent to us. It IS a beauty!!! Thank you so much and Happy Birthday again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete