Friday, May 06, 2011

Shabby Chic Artwork

It's Friday......YAHOOO....Hope your ready for the weekend. Hope you have some fabulous plans and get LOTS of crafting time in. Today.....I'm going to share a fun Shabby Chic piece of artwork that I made at our Crafternooners gathering last week. My BFF brought this project for us to work on....It's a $1.00 canvas frame from Michael's and we covered it with tissue paper and DSP.....along with some amazing treasures and fabric.
I have to say.....I'm not into the Shabby Chic whole thing...but......This little piece of artwork has taken a front row center place in my studio.....and on the Cute Scale......This little number goes off the chart.....TOO CUTE FOR WORDS. My BFF said she was going to get me hooked into the Shabby Chic World.....well Jan.....I think you did it!
Jan had us stamp....emboss and cut out the flower on the left - the flower on the right is a fun little number that we made using crepe paper and thread. We folded over a piece of pink paper and ran a running stitch close to the fold and than gathered the thread which created this amazing ruffled flower. TOO STINKIN CUTE. We then added stickles to the edges of the flower and that allowed the whole flower to come to life.
Here's a picture of the butterfly we stamped and cut out. Adding some bling to the spine really added a glam little touch to our butterfly.
I loved this project - and Thank You Jan for outdoing yourself yet once again. I'm hoping to offer this project to my FU group in the next couple of months....so...be surprised Kris-Ann and Debbie when I walk in to our gathering and see this fun little piece of artwork to be the project we will be working on that month.
I'll be back tomorrow with more Kards by Kadie creations.......Hope you can join me! Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment