Monday, July 02, 2012

NotePad Make-Over

Happy Happy Happy Monday My Blogger Friends!
What a FABULOUS weekend I had.  Top on my list was last night when I had the opportunity to Skype with my three grandkids in DeForest, Wisconsin.  HOLY BUCKETS FRIENDS....Do I ever MISS THEM.  Seems like every single time I chat with them....they get bigger and more grown up.  WHERE DOES THE TIME GO.  My oldest grandson is three years away from getting his drivers permit - NO WAY!  He modeled his new glasses for me and let me tell you.....He's SO HANDSOME!  My oldest granddaughter is busy reading books that have 500 and some odd pages.....and my youngest grandson is doing a summer reading program with his local library.  SUCH A PROUD GRANDMA AM I! ....... Thanks for letting me BRAG!

My share today is a fun little MAKE OVER that I did on a notepad that I bought while shopping at Michael's with my good buddy Kris.  We stopped in to pick up some crafting supplies and I saw this super duper cute notepad and thought immediately.....That would be PERFECT for my pink studio and lordy lordy - look what I did........
 Here's the jumbo pad that I purchased for $5.00......
 It was totally fine the way it was decorated - but I knew I wanted to add a little fun to it!
 So I grabbed my favorite retired SU DSP and went to work decorating the front and back!
 It was super duper easy to just adhere the DSP directly to the front cover........
 And I added a fun little Melon Mambo topper to the top edge of the pad.......
I grabbed up some pink prima flowers and a new Vintage Faceted Designer Button for the center of my flower and threaded it with some retired 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon and called this one DONE!
I simply LOVE LOVE LOVE how this jumbo pad turned out and it looks TOTALLY AMAZING (because of the fabulous DSP I used) on my studio desk.  I just might have to run down to pick up a couple more to make-over for both my daughters and give to them when I go back to Madison in August.

And speaking of Madison.......when I was chatting with my grandkids last night - they asked me if I would do a count down to Wisconsin on my blog and I thought....HOW FUN.  They are just as excited as we are for our return back - so just as soon as I book our flights ....... I will be scheduling a count down to Wisconsin ticker on my blog.

Hope you have a fabulous day - I'm heading up to the Ranch today to PaperCraft with my good buddies - and then it's nose to the grindstone to get some things checked off my "To Do" list.  I'll be back tomorrow to begin sharing some of the birthday cards I've received.......Hope you can come back and join me for that share.

Keep Living Your Dream!


1 comment:

  1. splendid idea and features your favorite color, pink! hugs, m

    ReplyDelete