Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July SBS Theme Card

Happy Happy Wednesday My Blogger Friends!
Today I have two groups of ladies coming over to participate in my sold out Stamp Camp.  We are doing Christmas in July and today's card is the PERFECT KICK OFF to begin sharing Christmas cards.  I shared this card last Wedneday with my SaddleBrooke Stamper Friends as my July Theme Card.  Our challenge was to create a 3D "TREE " Christmas card ...... and here is the little cutie that I created........
I started out knowing that I wanted a traditional Real Red and Old Olive cardtock colored card and my accent piece was going to be an embossed Whisper White panel.  I also knew that I was going to use the "Pennant Parade" stamp set and the Petite Pennants Builder punch to create my card.  With those details out of the way.......I was able to begin constructing my card.
I used a retired SU snowflake embossing folder on my Whisper White accent panel.  I also had some retired SU ribbon that was PERFECT for my card and I was able to snip the ends to create a fun flag edge and positioned my ribbon right down the center of my Whisper White accent panel.
My 3-D Tree came together in a SNAP ....... All I did was stamped out my imge onto Old Olive cardstock and then grabbed my pennant punch and punched out five images and glued each of them back to back to create this AMAZING and FUN 3-D Christmas Tree.  A finishing touch was to add some Dazzling Details to the edge of my constructed tree.
I added a large circle for my Christmas Tree to sit on and created a fun center panel in Real Red - which my "Happy Holiday" sentiment was able to be stamped on.  I TOTALLY LOVE LOVE LOVE how this card turned out and can honestly say that these WILL BE some of the Holiday cards I will be sending out this year.

Thansk for joining me today ....... I'll be back tomorrow to share the Challenge Card I made for my SaddleBrooke Stampers group last Wednesday.  Hope you can join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment