Monday, September 19, 2011

September Stamp Club Projects - Part 2

Happy Monday My Blogger Friends and thanks for joining me.  It's Day 2 of my September Stamp Club projects and what  a great project I have to share with you today.....
My Club Gals made this fabulous stair-step card on Saturday for their September fold card.  Debbie had requested that I show the gals a special fold card and I just knew that this card would be the perfect card to share with my Gals.
As you can see from this view.......the card folds over at the base and then forms into a step-over card at the top.  Pretty fun to make and because the center panel is 2" wide - it makes for a perfect spot to put a chipboard letter as your focal point of this card.
I used the chipboard from the Stampin' UP! DSP packets and actually cut out the chipboard "I" with my Cricut (at 3-1/4") and then had the Club Gals cover their letter in either Melon Mambo or Wild Washbi.....
I had made two versions of this card for my Club Gals to see the difference of a fully decorated card (on the left) and a completely naked card (on the right).  The decorated card has the edges of the Alpha Letter inked - and also has fun fibers wrapped around the base of the alphabet.....And the Naked Card was left uninked and with NO fibers attached to the "I" alphabet.  (BIG DIFFERENCE-NO?)
Here's the two cards side-by-side and even though some like the look of naked uninked edges....I personally feel that my cards just aren't complete unless I jazz the edges up and give every last inch of my cards a finished look.

Thanks for joining me today - I want to report in that I worked like the devil yesterday and am happy to report that my Stamp Camp packets are all cut - assemblied and ready for my big event on Wednesday.  SO GLAD that project is done.....and now my "To Do" list has grown with Crafternooners Challenge Swap .... FU Challenge Swap ...... SaddleBrooke Stamper Theme Card and Challenge Card ...... One more recipe swap for my Recipe Exchange Group ..... A CraftJunkieToo Challenge .....Maureen Williams Card In A Box Swap ..... FU Group Card Gathering ..... Crafternooners Group Card Gathering ..... SouthWest Stampers Make 'n Take ..... and then I start all over again to prepare for my October Stamp Club and Stamp Camp.  Can't tell you how much I look forward to each of these groups that I'm involved with - they keep me MOTIVATED and ...... OUT OF TROUBLE!  I LOVE IT!

I'll be back tomorrow to share the last Stamp Club card with you - Hope you can join me for that fun little projects.  Keep Living Your Dream! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment