Sunday, September 25, 2011

Crafternooner September Card Exchange

Happy Sunday My Blogger Friends - Hope you are having a fabulously delightful weekend.......I AM.  Yesterday I spent the day with two of my Bestie Gal-Pals Kris and Debbie - and OHMYGOSH - What a BLAST we had.  We did some serious shopping and even sneaked in a super YUMMY Lunch - TOTALLY ROCKIN FUN!  Today I will be heading up to Mesa to attend a fun little 10/10/20 Christmas Card Class that my Stampin' UP! demonstrator friend Di Gibbs is putting on.  Di always has some amazing ideas and she is one of those gals that just inspires you when you are near her - I'll be sharing those cards with you later next week.  For today, as promised, I will be sharing TWO of my September Crafternooner cards with you......Let's get started......
First up is Berta's card.......We were asked to create a card using pink and orange as our colors and our optional technique was paper piecing.  Berta mastered both the color challenge and the technique challenge with this amazing card she submitted.  I think what totally finished Berta's card off was the distressing she did to her edges.  With that simple technique.....she was able to soften her card and give it a total "Berta" look......
Here's a close-up of the paper piecing that Berta did......
And I love how Berta used the Curly Label Punch (page 209) to create photo corners for her two stamped images to rest in.......Totally a WOW factor for this card.  Thanks Berta for your truly amazing card design....LOVE IT!
Next up is my little card share.  Have to say that I had a BLAST creating this card.  The color combination is totally ME (oooppppss - wait a minute - I picked out these colors didn't I.....SURPRISE - SURPRISE!).  I used Melon Mambo (my FAVORITE SU color) and added Just Add Cake DSP (page 185) along with creating a fun little lace border to the top and bottom of my Melon Mambo cardstock by using the Lace Ribbon Border Punch (page 211).
I also added a small piece of Pink Piroutee 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (page 195) around the top of my card and that added the soft little wow-factor I was going for with this card.
My stamp set is a retired SU set (I think it's called "One of a Kind").  I punched out pink and orange cardstock and DSP circles to create a fun and playful caterpillar.  LOVE THIS CARD.

I'll be back tomorrow to share the other two cards my Crafternooner team members made - I know you won't want to miss what they had to make by using this awesome color and technique challenge.  Hope you can join me......Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. great collection. love the use of the curly label punch, too. hugs, m

    ReplyDelete