Friday, September 09, 2011

More August FU Card Swap

Happy Friday My Blogger Friends.......YAHOOOOOOO - We made it another week and it's ALL PLAY for the next two days.  Let's get the weekend started with two more FU (Fabulously Unique) Cards from my August swap....
 First card up is from my SUPER TALENTED Friend Kris Holmes.....HOLY BUCKETS - when she handed me this card (at Stamp Camp) ...... it totally brought the house down.  Every single person had to touch it and check out the amazing work that Kris put into this card.
 Our August color combination was Brown & Blue and our technique was CuddleBug Folder - NEEDLESS TO SAY.....Kris TOTALLY NAILED this one.  She used the Tim Holtz embossing folder and some distress ink over the surface of the embossed image......and by using the distress ink on the surface it created a look of a real tree trunk surface to the front of her card.
 Kris also used the SU Owl punch along with a fun little circle peek-a-boo cut out on the front of her card to add yet another fabulous element to her card........
 Here is what her card looked like when you flipped the front of the card open.......Such a fun card and serioulsy met all the challenge requirements.  EXCELLENT JOB Kris!
 And my final FU swap card was made by me!  I had received a card from my BFF this summer and when I received it from Jan - I knew that someday.....somewhere this would be a card that I would CASE.  And CASE I did.  The only thing I did differently was change up the flower - the color and the sentiment.....But the recipe is an exact CASE......
 I met the color challenge by using Pacific Point and Close to Cocoa Cardstock.  I did met the texture chanllenge by running my Pacific Point cardstock throught the BigShot using the SU Houndstooth Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.......
 My flowers are some retired silk flowers (that I dyed with reinkers and let dry).  I stacked the silk flowers onto a 2-3/8" Scallop Circle from SU.......and I also tucked a Little Leaves Sizzlits Die (in Certainly Celery) behind my dyed silk flowers.  SLAAAAMMMM BAAAAMMMMMM - Instant WOW Factor!
I also added a scallop border edge along with a "Just Because" sentiment and called this one DONE! 

LOVE LOVE LOVE not only the way this one turned out - but how easy this recipe is to create in other color combinations.  IN FACT - this past weekend at our Cross Plaines Retreat....I ended up making about 50+ of this recipe for my daughter to have "thank you" and "birthday" cards on hand for her stash.  She was totally thrilled with what I made for her.

Thanks for stopping in today!  This is my final weekend in Wisconsin and my son from St Louis has come up for a visit and we are all getting together tonight for dinner and then over the weekend for some good old fashion quality "family time".  Will be SO MUCH FUN - and I'm looking forward to laughing and enjoying the company of my kids and grandkids.  I'll be back tomorrow with more Kards by Kadie creations ...... Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kadie,
    Another beautiful display of cards. Love them all, have a great weekend.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete