Saturday, September 10, 2011

Di Gibbs Class Part 1

Hi My Blogger Friends and Happy Saturday.  I have only a couple more days before I return back to Sunny Arizona so the next three days will be short but sweet blog post - mainly so I can spend as much time with my family as I can squeeze in.  Today's post will be from a WaterColor Class that I took from my Stampin' UP! Demonstrator friend Di Gibbs this past August.  As I was preparing to fly back to Wisconsin, Di had to reschedule her WaterColor Class so I was lucky to attend this class the weekend before my flight back to Wisconsin was scheduled. 
Check out this DARLIN card Di had us make............
This stamp set is from Page 75 of the new Idea Book and Catalog - called Little Friends.  I have to admit that this stamp set is one of those that I passed right over when I was flipping through my book - but have to say that I changed my mind after receiving this stamp set in Di's watercolor class.
Di showed us how to use watercolor pencils to create this amazing (and darling) card.  She told us to always use our gray pencil to color in the shade and then move into coloring our images.  This helps to create a pretty gray shadow around your image and helps the stamped image to POP.
Check out the gray shadow created around not only the little boy but also the cart and teddy bear.  AMAZING how that little bit of gray helps my image come to life!
Also - love how the jewelry tag adds that little something something when attached to the fabulously yummy 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.  We even frayed the edges of the ribbon to give it just one more element to this already fabulous card.  And don't forget to check out how we used brads to add a little WOW FACTOR to the center of our wheels on the cart!

We are off to go watch our grandson play his first football game today and my granddaughter has her first soccer game today too.  Will be a full day of outdoor activities - just glad it's not freezing cold out there today. 
Thanks for stopping by and hope you can join me tomorrow for another card that I made from the class that Di Gibbs taught in August.  Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment