Sunday, September 18, 2011

September Stamp Club Projects - Part 1

Happy Sunday My Blogger Friends - It's a day for Relaxing.....Football....and in my house....CRAFTING!  I plan to spend the day in my craftroom preparing for my upcoming Stamp Camp on Wednesday.  My share today will be the first card project we made at my Stamp Club yesterday......Let's get started........
The hostess for September was Debbie and she wanted to use flowers and spot-light special folds for her Club month.  The card I'm sharing today met both of those things that Debbie asked.  I selected the small open-end envelopes (page 182) to change up the size of our card and then I changed up the way the card was going to open by snipping off about 2" from the bottom of the front panel and we used the scallop border punch (page 211) to create a fun little edge to the front of our card..........
 The stamp set we used was Pocket Silhouettes (page 109) and the ladies got to pick which of the flower stamps they wanted to use for their card.  This card also used a new textured impression designer frames folder (page 218) and we used the oval shaped frame for our card.  The other product we used was the YUMMY YUMMY oh so YUMMY 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (page 195) in Cherry Cobbler.....a small piece of the seam binding was knotted across the center of our card.  Both the Frame and the Seam Binding added that special WOW FACTOR I was going for.
 Here's a close-up of the scallop border punch doing it's finest work on the front of our card......And the stamp set we selected was Friendly Phrases (page 162).  We stamped our "happy day to you" message in Cherry Cobbler.
And this my friends was one of those cards that started out giving my Club Gals a new card size to work with.....and ended up......Showing off a fun new embossing folder set and bringing on board some of the finest seam binding in our papercrafting industry......LOVE HOW THIS CARD turned out!  The real fun is there are only TWO colors on this card (besides white of course).....and the look of these two colors created a card that could be used for any occasion or purpose.....LOVE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

Thanks for joining me today - Tomorrow I'll be back to share with you project #2 of my September Stamp Club.  I PROMISE YOU....the card I will be sharing will BLOW YOU AWAY!

I'm off to go make a dent in preparing for my Stamp Camp on Wednesday....Wish me LUCK!  Hope to see you tomorrow.  Keep Living Your Dream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment