Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Susan's Card Class

Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
I'm at a FULL RUN today (getting ready for Stamp Camp tomorrow) ........ so my post today will be a fast post of a class I took last week down at the "Little House" with Susan.
Here are the three cards we created.
All three cards that we created at Susan's class were SIMPLY GORGEOUS CARDS.  We used several Cricut Cartridges to create the pretty pretty frames for each of our cards and most of the stamping was done with Close to My Heart stamp sets.
We used our watercolor pencils to color in our birds for this card ........ and a silk flower and some pretty seam binding ribbon gave this card a beautiful finishing touch.
The second card we made used another frame which was cut out with the Cricut machine - and yet another stamped sentiment from Close to My Heart. 
We added a GORGEOUS melon colored flower and some Baja Breeze Seam Binding and even tucked a little bird behind the flower image to complete our second card.
And our third card by far my favorite.  Another frame which was diecut out using the Cricut machine and our bird image was from another Close To My Heart set.  This card required us to spend some time coloring in our bird image and it all came together with our watercolor pencils and some distress inks.
We created a pretty bow with some Very Vanilla Seam Binding and even created a pretty pretty birds nest for our card.......Check this amazing little nest out.......
All we did was take a long thin piece of brown DSP and began wrapping it and forming it into the shape of a nest.  And before you knew it ......... WOW ..... a pretty birds nest was created.  Done pretty quickly and the whole trick to making this birds nest ------- Don't over think it

Thanks for joining me today - I'm back tomorrow to share my July SaddleBrooke Stampers Theme Card Challenge with you.  Hope you can join me for that share.  Keep Living Your Dream!

2 comments:

  1. These are truly gorgeous cards - really detailed and beautiful! I love seeing your great art work and that of your friends. You have inspired me to look for crafters in my area who want to be a part of a stamp club!

    Sincerely,

    Janette Schulte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love them love them love them! Shabby Chic lovelyness!

    ReplyDelete