Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Reason to Smile Birthday Card

Happy Happy Tuesday My Blogger Friends!
Countdown Till We See The Grandkids - 34 Days!
My post today was inspired by SU demonstrator Monica Gale.  She created an envelope card using the SU Two Tag die and I loved the layout - but went in and changed up the recipe by using the "Reason to Smile" SU promotional stamp set.  Here is what I created.......
I used the SU promotional stamp set "Reason to Smile" to create the two gorgeous flowers for the bottom right hand corner of my card.  This stamp set is only available during the month of July - and cost only $5 with a $50 Stampin' UP! order. 
 My envelope (Pretty in Pink) was cut out using the SU Two Tags Die and then run through my Big Shot using the "Lacy Brocade" embossing folder.  The two flowers were two step-stamped on Whisper White with Raspberry Ripple ink and then cut out.  I added one of the new "Dahlia Assortment Buttons" to the center of each of the flowers and popped them onto the bottom corner of my envelope.
I also wrapped a piece of Raspberry Ripple ribbon across the bottom of my card and this card was done and ready to give to someone for their birthday. 
I used the "Family Reunion" stamp set for my happy birthday message and the DSP that I used was from the "First Edition" collection.  Many thanks to Monica for her great inspiration for this card - I simply love how this card turned out and will probably make a few more of these for some upcoming birthday's I have in August.

Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back tomorrow to share more cards I've created using some of the new product I've received from both the new catalog and the new Holiday Mini catalog.  I hope you can come back and join me for that share. 

Keep Living Your Dream!

1 comment:

  1. absolutely adorable in your precious pink. the texture on the envelope (i need to dust that die off) is perfection

    ReplyDelete